Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® OS Smartphones

My Device: Not Specified

AOL Instant Messenger

I recently purchased Blackberry 8310 from T-Mobile and it included the AOL IM.  When I tried to login a window pops up saying "Please visit www.blackberry.com/aim to activate your handheld for AOL Instant Messenger".  So I went to this website on my Blackberry and it is to download AIM for Blackberry, so I did just that and it rebooted my Blackberry.  Afterwards I tried to login again and the exact same message appeared again.  I did this 4 times already and it still not working.  I called T-Mobile support and they said that this is a Blackberry problem.  Has any one encountered this problem?  How did you resolve it?
New Contributor

Re: AOL Instant Messenger

I had the same problem and T-Mobile is right it is a BlackBerry problem but they should have tranferred you to BlackBerry Support as they did for me and the BlackBerry Tech helped me fix it right away. I would call T-Mobile back and ask for BlackBerry Support. Hope this helps.
Highlighted

Re: AOL Instant Messenger

Can you tell me where you called and what number? I'm having the same issue and have searched and searched for a number to call.  I finally found one (877-255-2377) but I wasn't planning on PAYING to figure this out.  My Blackberry is provided by my job; I don't have a subscribers number... Can you help me?