Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® OS Smartphones

New Contributor
My Device: Not Specified

AOL email issues-sent messages and signature

Hi - I just got the BB Curve (verizon) and have the following questions:

-Is there a work around for syncing sent messages using AOL?  I really need this feature and am disappointed it won't work with BB.

-How do I add a signature; there is no text box when I go to edit my email account and I have tried logging into my account online and get an error message.

Thanks for any help you can provide.

Elite II
My Device: Torch 9800
My Carrier: grameenphone

Re: AOL email issues-sent messages and signature

Sent messages are being synced  when send from HH. But mails that are sent from the web will not be synced in handheld. This feature is not available in BlackBerry not only for AOL rather for all BIS mail IDs. 

Read the  below post on editing signature.

http://supportforums.blackberry.com/rim/board/message?board.id=General_Functions&thread.id=795 

tanzim                                                                                  
If your query is resolved then please click on Accept as Solution

Click on the LIKE on the bottom right if the post deserves credit

New Contributor

After doing some research and testing, BB does not sync sent emails to or from AOL;  see http://www.blackberry.com/btsc/search.do?cmd=displayKC&docType=kc&externalId=KB05133&sliceId=SAL_Pub...

Because this is important to me and one of the reasons I upgraded from a cell phone to BB I have come up with the following work arounds:

Emails sent from AOL on my PC - I set up a BB email address account and bcc all sent emails from AOL on my PC to the BB address so they are all sent to my HH.  I set up the BB email in BIS so that any replies or emails I send show as coming from my AOL account.

Emails sent from AOL on my HH - I set up this account in BIS so that all emails I send from AOL on my HH are bcc'd to my AOL account.  It's kind of annoying that I then have a duplicate on my HH and need to manually delete one of them, but I'll live with it.  Hopefully, BB will work with AOL and fix this in future upgrades

I ended up calling Verizon and they walked me through registering my HH with the network.  This needed to be done on my HH because I got that HTML error message.  After that I was able to login on my PC set up the email accounts, signatures, etc.

I am new to BB so my terminology may not be correct, but I hope you understand.  If not, feel free to contact me to clarify.  Thanks.

Forums Veteran I
My Device: 8120, Storm, 8200

you can set up a filter on BIS for your AOL account not to recieve any mail coming from your AOL address, this will eliminate duplicates.

Workaround: if you had Gmail or Yahoo account, when you send a message from BB, it gets posted in gmail or yahoo sent items, so this way your mail sent from BB will be on your AOL account without using BCC, i would recommend Gmail.

Click on KUDOS to appreciate our efforts and mark the thread RESOLVED if your issue is resolved.
New Contributor

Thanks BBsingh.  In your workaround are you suggesting I change my email address to gmail and not use AOL at all?  If not, how would my sent emails from a gmail account on BB end up on my AOL account?  Please clarify.  Thanks.
Forums Veteran I
My Device: 8120, Storm, 8200

that was a workaround to get away from gmail for future email interactions, no relation between AOL and Gmail, if you a message from gmail on BB, it goes into ur sent items on gmail.
Click on KUDOS to appreciate our efforts and mark the thread RESOLVED if your issue is resolved.