Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® OS Smartphones

New Contributor
My Device: Bold 9900
My Carrier: T-Mobile CZ

APN Blackberry.net vs. internet

Hi there,

I was told that BB should use APN Blackberry.net for all communication except streaming (youtube etc.) and tethering (wifi hotspot mode). But I see on my bill that it connects through apn internet from time to time as well, usually only few kb. I looked in my service book and didn't find any service other than wap and wifi using APN internet. The only thing which I can think of is assisted location services, but I guess that I would find it in service book...

Does somebody know how to get this under control? How do I find which service from service book is used by particular application?

Is there way how to disable communication through APN internet on my device? I can ask the carrier to do that, but I need it from time to time for tethering ...

Thanks

Josef

Elite II
My Device: Curve
My Carrier: BSNL

Re: APN Blackberry.net vs. internet

Hello Jose1

Welcome to BlackBerry Support Forums

Streaming Videos like YouTube videos uses Wap browser which is indeed associated with APN ,So I think you heard wrong but for tethering it uses your APN .

Jose1 wrote:

Does somebody know how to get this under control? How do I find which service from service book is used by particular application?

Please read this Article :

KB03151 : What is the service book

Jose1 wrote:

Is there way how to disable communication through APN internet on my device? I can ask the carrier to do that, but I need it from time to time for tethering ...

If needed you can remove / edit your APN , which will disable any services that are asscoiated with APN.

KB05327 : How to set the APN settings on the BlackBerry smartphone

Or please let us know what exactly you're trying .

Click " Like " if you want to Thank someone.
If Problem Resolves mark the post(s) as " Solution ", so that other can make use of it.
Highlighted
New Contributor
My Device: Bold 9900
My Carrier: T-Mobile CZ

Re: APN Blackberry.net vs. internet

Hello,

Thank you for your answer. Simply - there is something on my device communicating through APN internet and I want to know what it is.

You mention, that youtube uses WAP browser ... is it correct that services WAP2 Transport - direct and WAP2 Transport are setup to use APN internet? If it is incorrect, how can I correct it?

Thanks

Josef