Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® OS Smartphones

New Contributor
My Device: BOLD 9700
My Carrier: Vodafone

APP ERROR 523 please help!!!

Can someone please help me!! my blackberry loads and then gets to a white screen saying app error 523 and then turns off can anyone help me fix this via a mac computer?

Guru II
My Device: BlackBerry PRIV; BlackBerry Z30, Z10 and Q10 w/OS 10.3.2.2639; PlayBook w/OS 2.1.0.1917
My Carrier: AT&T

Re: APP ERROR 523 please help!!!

First, I would try booting in safe mode and see if the device will boot up.  Remove the battery.  While holding the "back" key reinsert the battery and continue holding down the back key for another 20 seconds or so.  If it boots up make a backup of the device using BlackBerry Desktop Software and then follow the instructions at the link below.  You may need to reload your OS or upgrade to the latest version.

http://www.blackberry.com/btsc/KB24395

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
1. Please thank those who help you by clicking the "Like" button at the bottom of the post that helped you.
2. If your issue has been solved, please resolve it by marking the post "Solution?" which solved it for you!
New Contributor

Yeah I managed to connect it to the bb software manager but I don't know my password cause I haven't used it in years my other phone broke so I thought I'd try fix my bb and when you put in te wrong password more then 10 times I think it erases everyhing so now I have no software and it still won't let me update via the desktop software?
Guru II
My Device: BlackBerry PRIV; BlackBerry Z30, Z10 and Q10 w/OS 10.3.2.2639; PlayBook w/OS 2.1.0.1917

If you don't know the password you're going to lose the data on the device anyway.  I'd do the following:

1. First locate your carrier and the OS file you wish to use.

http://na.blackberry.com/eng/support/downloads/download_sites.jsp

2. Download the OS file from step 1 to the PC then install it to the PC by running (double clicking) the file you downloaded.

3. Go to c:\program files\common files\research in motion\apploader and delete the file named "vendor.xml." Also check the following locations for vendor.xml files and delete any instances of the file:

On Windows Vista/7 navigate to C:\Users\YOUR_USER\AppData\Roaming\Research In Motion\BlackBerry\Loader XML (Where "YOUR_USER" is your username)

On Windows XP navigate to C:\Documents and Settings\YOUR_USER\Application Data\Research In Motion\BlackBerry\Loader XML (Where "YOUR_USER" is your username)

5. Use BBSAK from BBSAK.org and wipe the device (after doing a complete backup) then after you get the error 507 (no OS installed) then proceed to next step.

6. Plug in BlackBerry and double click on "Loader.exe." It's located in c:\program files\common files\research in motion\apploader

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
1. Please thank those who help you by clicking the "Like" button at the bottom of the post that helped you.
2. If your issue has been solved, please resolve it by marking the post "Solution?" which solved it for you!
New Contributor

i cant do that as i have a mac

Guru II

You'll need to find a PC.

New Contributor

I think I've figured out how to do it on Mac, Thankyou very much for your help!
Guru II

I recommend getting BBSAK to wipe the device so it shows the 507 error. Then you can reload the OS and start over.

Good luck with the Mac. You'll need VMFusion or Parallels or some way to run Windows. If you already have that it may not be a problem. If not, it's usually easier to find a PC to borrow.

Highlighted
New Contributor

Yeah it didn't work, I'll try use my brothers pc,