09-08-2012 12:01 AM
First, I would try booting in safe mode and see if the device will boot up. Remove the battery. While holding the "back" key reinsert the battery and continue holding down the back key for another 20 seconds or so. If it boots up make a backup of the device using BlackBerry Desktop Software and then follow the instructions at the link below. You may need to reload your OS or upgrade to the latest version.
09-08-2012 12:49 AM
09-08-2012 01:00 AM
If you don't know the password you're going to lose the data on the device anyway. I'd do the following:
1. First locate your carrier and the OS file you wish to use.
2. Download the OS file from step 1 to the PC then install it to the PC by running (double clicking) the file you downloaded.
3. Go to c:\program files\common files\research in motion\apploader and delete the file named "vendor.xml." Also check the following locations for vendor.xml files and delete any instances of the file:
On Windows Vista/7 navigate to C:\Users\YOUR_USER\AppData\Roaming\Research In Motion\BlackBerry\Loader XML (Where "YOUR_USER" is your username)
On Windows XP navigate to C:\Documents and Settings\YOUR_USER\Application Data\Research In Motion\BlackBerry\Loader XML (Where "YOUR_USER" is your username)
5. Use BBSAK from BBSAK.org and wipe the device (after doing a complete backup) then after you get the error 507 (no OS installed) then proceed to next step.
6. Plug in BlackBerry and double click on "Loader.exe." It's located in c:\program files\common files\research in motion\apploader
09-08-2012 01:20 AM
09-08-2012 01:32 AM