Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® OS Smartphones

New Contributor
My Device: Not Specified

APP Error 253

Today I started getting "APP Error 253" on my 8310 and the phone will not load the home screen.  I've performed a hard start reboot three times and the error message continues.  Does anyone know of a solution?
Forums Veteran I
My Device: Z30
My Carrier: Telus

Re: APP Error 253

Forums Advisor III
My Device: 8110, 8300, 8800, 8700, 9000

Easy Instructions - Without the need for desktop manager:

The software seems to have come corrupt.

Make sure you  have the latest Software for your device and carrier installed onto the computer.

click here to get ur carrier software - http://na.blackberry.com/eng/support/downloads/download_sites.jsp

This is the device Software, not the desktop manager.

Download and double click to install to your ur computer. Don't plug the device in yet.

Once done that, go to C Drive: Program Files: Common Files: Research in Motion: App Loader and double click on loader.exe.

Once the welcome screen comes up, plug in the device the battery and hit next. When you see the PIN number appear after maybe a few minutes press next.

Once it gets to the device application part, Select only things you need, untick all other languages etc.

On the last page before you hit finish, you will see a 'ANDVANCED' option, click this and make sure both the check boxes are fixed.

This will fix ur issue.

***************************************************************************************************
If your issue is resolved, put a checkmark in the green box that contains the resolution.
OR
If it was just/or also really helpful - Give it a Kudos.. Go on Mate.. Help the rest of the clueless blackberry user world find their answer too..
~Gday from Down Under~
New Contributor
My Device: Not Specified

Thanks for your help.  I was fortunate to have backed-up my phone a couple of weeks ago.
Forums Advisor III
My Device: 8110, 8300, 8800, 8700, 9000

How did you go with this?
***************************************************************************************************
If your issue is resolved, put a checkmark in the green box that contains the resolution.
OR
If it was just/or also really helpful - Give it a Kudos.. Go on Mate.. Help the rest of the clueless blackberry user world find their answer too..
~Gday from Down Under~