Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® OS Smartphones

New Contributor
My Device: Curve 3G
My Carrier: O2

Re: APP World PayPal

yay! glad I could help! First time I've been the person that solves the problem on a forum! being helpful feels good!

Additional bit of info - as I'm in the UK and no one else seems to be, this should work in any country.

Regular Contributor
My Device: Playbook 16
My Carrier: alaint

still not working no matter what I do...the authenticaion message still times out

eastcoastcreative
Regular Contributor
My Device: Playbook 16
My Carrier: alaint

The problem is resolved....Paypal has to be authorized from the APPWORLD site where RIM must be designated a "Pre-Approved" vendor

eastcoastcreative
New Contributor
My Device: Bold 9780
My Carrier: Maxis

[ Edited ]

I'm still having this issue despite pre-approve vendor approval thing. Even adding secondary credit card details in PayPal. It says 'Your session has timed out. Your payment has not ben processed, Please try sending again'. 

I have no problem using kobo store, buying stuff online using ebay(paypal)...

Please help. RIM should do something about this. Seriously. 

RIM is losing customers because of this. I have not made any purchase before from appworld since mid 2010.

Contributor
My Device: Bold - 9700
My Carrier: Roshan

Same issue.  If I type the correct login information, it says it timed out.  If I type the wrong information it lets me know it is wrong, and fairly quickly.

Credit card payments work, but it takes significantly longer.

Contributor
My Device: PlayBook
My Carrier: ~

That sounds exactly like what was happening to me. As I said further up the thread, the solution was to visit the Blackberry app world in a browser and try to purchase an app. Then select Paypal in the browser and you get taken through a whole process where you log into Paypal and authorise the recurring payment. From that point on I've had no problem purchasing apps from within the app world application on my PlayBook...

It is definitely a bug in the app world app which Blackberry should fix. Luckily the workaround is fairly simple once you've found out what the problem is...

Contributor
My Device: Bold - 9700
My Carrier: Roshan

Sadly, that solution won't work for me.  I'm in Afghanistan and Appworld doesn't work here.  There is a work-around for the PB to get into Appworld, but not on a computer or a BB.

I'll just have to use my credit card.  Which comes out of the same account anyway.

Developer
My Device: Developer
My Carrier: Telus

[ Edited ]

So I contacted customer support about this problem. There told me to delete my BlackBerry ID and create a new one. They didn't tell me, until after I had done this, that I would not be able to login to appworld untill I did a security wipe on my playbook.  I am now in the process of downloading os 1.0.3 and reinstalling/rconfiguring everything. Then I will have to retore my music. Grrrrr....................

[Edit] I you are told to to create a new BBID and do a security wipe - DON'T. I'm still getting a timeout error when attempting to purchase an app.

Highlighted
New Contributor
My Device: Torch 9860 & PlayBook 32GB
My Carrier: Sure Mobile

Hi Guy's, Newbie here!

Sound like i have a similar problem with trying to authenticate with PayPal via App World.

So i click purchase on an an App, it prompts me for my Blackberry ID, no problem, select your preferred payment method, paypal, no problem then it prompts me for my PayPal credentials - i enter them no bother.  Invalid PayPal email address or password.

B*******s! i have logged in online and on my Torch just to make sure i had the right credentials, i do but it will not let me in!

I have tried naving to app store on the PB via a browser but it just keeps taking me back to app world when i try and browse apps, can anyone help!? Is this being escalated to the powers that be, because at present i cannot purchase a thing on my playbook!!

Side note - why is twitter free in app world for my phone but it's £4.99 on my PB!?

Anyway nice to meet you all in advance and thanks in advance for any help!

ScouseNotEnglish!
Guru I
My Device: Passport, Playbook, 9320BES
My Carrier: Bouygues _ SFR

the Twitter app on your Torch is designed by RIM. The Twitter app you see for the PlayBook is designed by a third party company. Not the same application, even if both do Twitter.

The search box on top-right of this page is your true friend, and the public Knowledge Base too: