Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® OS Smartphones

New Contributor
My Device: BlackBerry Bold 9000
My Carrier: Vodafone - India

APPLICATION MEMORY

Dear All,

Bought My BlackBerry Bold 9000 7 months ago. It has been working flawlessly except for:

• The Application memory severely restricts me from downloading the really nice stuff from app world. Besides there seems to be something which saps the Application memory that goes down from 20 MB to as low as 5 MB.
  • The Device does not connect thru bluetooth to my Desktop Software which is downloaded on my Toshiba M200 laptop.
Would be grateful if somebody could provide some answers.
Cheers,

Kunal
Highlighted
Contributor
My Device: Not Specified

Re: APPLICATION MEMORY

Welcome the the world of BB. The 9000 is a great phone and email device but it's no "smart phone." As you have discouvered, there is too little memory for it to be a real smart phone.

Forums Veteran I
My Device: Bold 9900, Playbook , HS-700 headset
My Carrier: Rogers

Hiya!

Blackberry devices do, unfortunately, suffer from memory leaks. The easiest way to cure this is do a battery pull (check memory before and after, Im sure you will be surprised). Also there are ways to free up memory on the device, see this article for more info on that.

In regards to the Bluetooth connection, can you try via USB cable? just curious to see if that works.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
1). Please thank those who help you by clicking the Like Button beside the 'Reply' button.
2). If your issue has been solved, please resolve it by marking "Accept as Solution" on the correct post!
3). Remember to have fun! We are all in this together!
4). Follow me on Follow Raelic1337 on Twitter

New Contributor

The device will always work with USB cable.

I was trying to use the link up through Bluetooth; which is not working.

Thanks Raelic!

Kunal
New Contributor

Dear Datadrifter,

Thanks for your message! wish I'd dug a little deeper in my  research before falling for the Bold.

Anyway, done is done.

Trying to delete unnecessary stuff on the device. In that context could you tell me how to delete the language packs from my device?

Look forward to hearing from you.

Regards,

Kunal
Forums Veteran I
My Device: Bold 9900, Playbook , HS-700 headset
My Carrier: Rogers

Normally, when you go through the setup wizard and select Languages, you can select the language you want and it should delete the ones you don't select.

Also, there are some programs you can use to remove features from your phone you dont want (i.e. voicedial, password keeper, etc.) but these are third party and you would use them at your own discretion (always backup first).

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
1). Please thank those who help you by clicking the Like Button beside the 'Reply' button.
2). If your issue has been solved, please resolve it by marking "Accept as Solution" on the correct post!
3). Remember to have fun! We are all in this together!
4). Follow me on Follow Raelic1337 on Twitter