Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® OS Smartphones

Highlighted
New Contributor
My Device: Bold 9780
My Carrier: Orange

ARGH! Please help, need a BB Geek!

Hi everyone

I have got a new BB Bold 9780 and it's telling me my email is linked yet I do not have an icon for my hotmail account??

I hate that all the messages are saved together I just want a folder that my emails go to like I did on my previous 9700[s], storm and curve.

I'm stressed to hell and just need help Smiley Sad

Elite I
My Device: BlackBerry Z10
My Carrier: Telus

Re: ARGH! Please help, need a BB Geek!

Hi adellaah,

I just transfered my fiance's messages from his old Storm to a replacement Storm and had the same problem, then remembered what it might be. Try pressing the BB Menu button and select Show All. You can then search for your Hotmail icon. My guess is that it's simply hidden. Once you find it, highlight the icon, press the BB Menu button and click on Hide to remove the check mark beside it. Once that's all done, press the BB Menu button again and select Show all again to remove the check mark.

Now then, if that's isn't the case, if may be necessary to log into your email settings and ensure that everything is entered correctly there (you may need to re-enter your Hotmail password). And the final step would be to resend your service books. Once you're in your email settings, simply press the BB Menu button and select Service Books. You can then resend those service books.

I hope this info helps!

If you want to thank someone for their comment, do so by clicking the Thumbs Up icon.

If your issue is resolved, don't forget to click the Solution button on the resolution!

New Contributor

Thanks for the reply however I have tried both of these - the phone is brand new, only an hour or two old.

i've done several re-boots, entered my hotmail password several times and tried to 'show all' icons i have also sent service books and nothing seems to appease this tricky little blackberry.

im really disheartened. i just want it to work Smiley Sad(

New Contributor

its now saying my device wont connect to the server. im in the birmingham area, is this a recurring problem??

in my connection settings im not connected to the enterprise server???? should i be???

im going back to carrier pigeons this is TOO stressful Smiley Sad

Elite I

Given that the phone is brand new, I would suggest taking it back as well. It's possible that your carrier might need to double check settings on their end.

Good luck!

If you want to thank someone for their comment, do so by clicking the Thumbs Up icon.

If your issue is resolved, don't forget to click the Solution button on the resolution!

New Contributor

I rang my service provider and my IMEI wasnt matching or something.

All fixed now!

Elite I

Excellent!  And I'm glad to hear it wasn't anything actually wrong with the BB.  Enjoy and thanks for the update. Smiley Happy