Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® OS Smartphones

Regular Contributor
My Device: 8310 Curve

AT&T Big News for 4.3 and 4.5 OS Users

This was big for me! For all users of 4.5 OS there IS support for this OS when you call AT&T, just tell them you need BB support for your 4.5 which ATT doesn't support and they will connect you to BB and your support will be given by their Techs. for NO charge.. it's regularly about 50 or 75 bucks an hour. The ATT tech said as long as you get the software from their site (BB's)and it is registered though them they will provide full support, even though ATT does not support all the features that you have. They are partnered and they will provide you with OS support.  4.5 does not support telenav at this time but offers many more features such as video, voice rec., which will record without limit as long as you have space on your media card up to 8GB.  OS 4.3 also provides video camera and such but also does NOT support Telenav..AT&T site offers the desktop manager but not the actual OS. which can also be downloaded on the BB site and it will work and your support will go through BB and not ATT... Hope this is a help to wanabe 4.5 users and take away some fears of their phone getting bricked..

Later On, Steve

Thx. Steve
mandograss

Bluegrass Rules !
My Device: Not Specified

Re: AT&T Big News for 4.3 and 4.5 OS Users

I just called AT&T re: this and was emphatically told NO WAY will they support my downloading 4.5 for my 8310, no matter where I get it from.  The latest estimate for them releasing 4.5 is mid-November (yeah, right).  Anyone else out there have a better experience?
Highlighted
Contributor
My Device: Not Specified

Re: AT&T Big News for 4.3 and 4.5 OS Users

they will support as long as it is from them or bb. this is what i was told (i have a multi phone corp. account). but neither offer it as of today(not for at&t). they will most definitely void support with anyother 4.5 os from other carriers, or third party.  and yes i was told 30 days, then sept 15th, and now by november. i am not holding my breath! but if enough of us keep calling at&t they might get going on it and put it out there. as per a conversation with our corp. rep, i was given the impression that it will be released either just as or just after the release of the bb phones with the 4.5 os pre-installed in them. which is november. go figure? i guess they dont want people to upgrade, but to buy the new phones with the 4.5 os. i myself call them weekly to check on the status on the upgrade. it is typical. i myself in private protest will endure and wait for the release of the software, instead of buying new phones for the company. hope this opens a few minds and eyes.