Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® OS Smartphones

Highlighted
My Device: Not Specified

AT&T Bold 9000 Voice Dial Issue with Jawbone Prime

I have the Bold with AT&T service.  I recently bought a Jawbone Prime BT headset.  It pairs perfectly with the Bold and sends and receives calls with good quality and no issues.  However, when I use the headset to activate the Voice Dial feature, the Bold with go to the "Say a command" screen, ready for me to issue a "Call John Mobile" or a similar voice command.  Here's my issue.  The Bold almost NEVER understands my command....9 times out of 10, it will not even hear me issue the first command and it will say "Say a command" a second time.  After the second time, it will sometimes acknowledge my command, but with very, very poor results.  Sometimes, it never acknowledges that I have issued a command at all.  This is not the same issue that I have seen others post about (i.e. the one where the "Say a command" screen appears and then hangs).  Using voice command via the handset directly is flawless....it's when I'm issuing the command through the Jawbone that it doesn't work at all.  I have done the whole "remove the battery from the BlackBerry, delete the Jawbone device, reset the Jawbone itself, re-pair them, etc.  This has worked occasionally, but the best it does is make the second "Say a command" work properly.  However, from this state, if I turn off the the headset and turn it back on, I am back to square one again...not to mention that this "fix" doesn't always work (and it's very time consuming).  Any thoughts?

Re: AT&T Bold 9000 Voice Dial Issue with Jawbone Prime

Exact same problem.  Initally thought it ws the Plantronics Voyar 510.  as the wired headset, the speaker phone or the microphone worke d fine.  However a new headset has the same fialure.  It is as if the Bluettoth does not initialize properly for Voice Dialing.

Anyone from RIM have any suggestions?

I have a similar problem with a new jawbone 1 bluetooth and my Blackberry Bold. The jawbone works great on calls but does nto work voice dialing. It NEVER gets the contact info correct when I say Call xxx. It always comes back with the wrong contact. I connected an old motorola bluetooth headset and that works great when it comes to recongnising voice commands. Unfortunatley, it sucks in loud environments. I hope someone has a solution.  
New Contributor
My Device: Bold

I have the exact same problem with my Bold using a Motorola HS850, a Plantronics Voyageur Pro and ....are you ready.....the new Blackberry Visor Mount 605.  In fact, I tried these all with an Iphone 3GS and it has the same problem.

I never had a problem with regular phones.  Smartphones do not seem to work with voice dialing.  Pretty stupid in my opinion.

I am going to try a wired headset to see if it behaves properly.  If so, then it is their bluetooth implementation.

My Device: Bold 9000
My Carrier: AT&T

I have the same problem. Does RIM have asolution for this? Are they planning anything? So frustrating to use this feature while driving you still have to look at the phone to dial, defeats the purpose for hands free.

My Device: Bold 9000
My Carrier: AT&T

Re: AT&T Bold 9000 Voice Dial Issue not just with Jawbone

I have tried several BT devices and have had the same issue - voice dial just does not respond to you commands And its is really frustrating to see that BB Support has not found a solution to this. My issue is exaclty that of the others in this string.

Id like to use this feature, I just can find a way to make it work as (I and others think) it should.

BB Support - what gives??

Forums Advisor II
My Device: 9550 Storm2/Verizon
My Carrier: Verizon

Re: AT&T Bold 9000 Voice Dial Issue not just with Jawbone

While you might find some assistance here on the forum what you need to do is to call your respective carriers Customer service and have them escalate it to technical support and let them know about your Bluetooth issue.  The contact with your carrier is the first level entry into the support channel.  Your carrier's technical support than bumps it to RIM. 

You can of course contact RIM bypassing your carrier but that is for a fee.

Наглый пес! Вы должны быть благодарны мы даем Вам возможность проживать в нашем мире!
BB 9550 Verizon OS 5.0.0.1015 My Storm My Blackberry My Lifeline
If there is a Theme on my Blackberry, Hedone it!
If someone successfully helped you with an issue, say thank you by clicking "kudos" in their post and clicking the star.
Antiquis temporibus, nati tibi similes in rupibus ventosissimis exponebantur ad necem
If your issue has been solved, please mark the post that solved it for you!