Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® OS Smartphones

Highlighted
New Contributor
My Device: Bold 9000
My Carrier: att

Re: AT&T Bold, )S 5.0/Data/SIM errors...

01-21-2010 11:06 AM

-Someone:

have you tried using the dummy rogers/fido IMEI? The CSR added the dummy IMEI and it works fine for me on a Rogers unlock bold on Fido.

2222222222228 <-dummy imei

BTW, i'n using like a 8+ year old sim.

Also reading that the sim card could be fried.

-Myself:

I thought about it for a second, then again my effort woudl prove useless since i currently have a phone that doesn't recognize my sim. *Okay well it does, but it does not 'connect' to the network per se. I see the bars upon startup, then 1-2 seconds later it jumps to 'initialization failed'. and 'SOS' under the bars.

There MUST be some way of restoring the original imei and pin.  If you have changed them, the box the phone came in has a label with the imei (not sure about the pin)  OR, the label under the battery would have the imei on it as well.  I am guessing that if you email RIM with the serial number or original imei, they should be able to provide the original pin.

Contributor
My Carrier: Fido

I appreciate the reply, but this will do nothing for me. Since the network is not even being detected by my phone, yet works in all my other handsets.

I will try anyways to see what RIM says... Cheers

-Mike Smiley Happy

Contributor
My Carrier: Fido

well, the conclusion is this;

AT&T sucks balls since they super cripple their own blackberries to work with their/USA sims only. It seems to be beyond the software level and somehow hardwired into the sim reader to only work with AT&T.  Smiley Mad

And i am not feeling good enough to take out the sim reader and solder in a new one that i have.

So unless someone has a Bold 9000 ROGERS motherboard kicking around, this will be in the classifieds soon for US buyers. *sigh* Smiley Sad