Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® OS Smartphones

New Contributor
My Device: Not Specified

AT&T Navigator not working after upgrading Bold to Torch

I just upgraded my Bold 9000 to the Torch 9800, using the Blackberry Desktop Software, which did a great job of copying everything over. However, I now seem to have a copy of AT&T Navigator (from the Bold) installed, as well as a copy of AT&T Maps and Navigator (from the Torch). Unfortunately, neither of them works. I get the splash page, then a blank page with a header, and if I jab around on the blank screen it will eventually give me directions to somewhere in Virginia (I live in Texas).

I tried uninstalling Navigator (as Maps is a slightly newer version) but the Blackberry Desktop software won't let me. So I'm now left with two 4-meg apps neither of which are any use - and am paying AT&T 10 bucks a month for the privilege!

Anyone know how to either remove a version (I'm hazarding a guess that they are interfering with each other) or - better still - get one of them working?

Thanks in advance,

Dirk

Guru II
My Device: BlackBerry PRIV; BlackBerry Z30, Z10 and Q10 w/OS 10.3.2.2639; PlayBook w/OS 2.1.0.1917
My Carrier: AT&T

Re: AT&T Navigator not working after upgrading Bold to Torch

You should be able to delete them in Options >Applications.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
1. Please thank those who help you by clicking the "Like" button at the bottom of the post that helped you.
2. If your issue has been solved, please resolve it by marking the post "Solution?" which solved it for you!
New Contributor
My Device: Torch 9800
My Carrier: AT&T

My Torch apparently was shipped with an old version of Telenav's navigator software for AT&T.  The menu screens did not display correctly

Download the new version here: http://ota.telenav.com/ota/warrior/nav 

You'll notice in the new version that the home screen icons for AT&T Navigator and AT&T Maps will be different from those in the older version, and the menu screens will appear correctly in the new version.

New Contributor
My Device: Not Specified

This was the exact problem I had (menus not appearing).  I managed to delete off the BB and via Desktop Manager, clear it all out, and then reinstall.  Didn't use the link you provided, but the reinstall seemed to pick up the latest.

And then my Torch completely died on me and I had to get a replacement, and then I had to go through it all over again...

Highlighted
My Device: torch
My Carrier: att

I went to the link. It says phone is not supported.  I have tried all sorts of things to get ATT nav on this phone and am about ready to throw it out the window.