Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® OS Smartphones

Highlighted
Guru I
My Device: Passport, Playbook, 9320BES
My Carrier: Bouygues _ SFR

AT&T and the 4.5 OS release

hello,

back two months ago, RIM has published the 4.5 OS so that all carriers can check it and release their version. Then consumers can donwload it.
As far as I can tell, AT&T has not yet released the 4.5 OS.

Many carriers did release the OS 4.5 : in Europe (Germany : two month ago), in Middle East, in South America, but not AT&T.

a date had been given : September 23rd, but was not landed. another rumors says "mid october". The day AT&T will release it, you'll know. We won't post a message saying every morning "not yet".

if you ever want to install another carrier's OS 4.5 on your AT&T Curve, feel free to do it.

You'll find some places to download the OS from some carriers that are faster than AT&T :

http://supportforums.blackberry.com/rim/board/message?board.id=8300&thread.id=6807&jump=true

The search box on top-right of this page is your true friend, and the public Knowledge Base too:
My Device: Not Specified

Re: AT&T and the 4.5 OS release

Thank you for posting this.  I was going crazy trying to download 4.5 on my 8310!!  At least I know it's not official yet.

I had written AT&T and from what they have told me, the Blackberry Bold will contain this release. The Curve will not be getting an additional update. So we are S.O.L. apparently.
New Contributor

So, what if we download another carrier's Version 4.5?  Will everything work, or will AT&T's system lock some features out (like the Word and PowerPoint and video features)?

Thanks,

Scott

Guru I
My Device: Passport, Playbook, 9320BES
My Carrier: Bouygues _ SFR

hawaiianjoe wrote:
I had written AT&T and from what they have told me, the Blackberry Bold will contain this release. The Curve will not be getting an additional update.

Forthe Bold, no, it will never contain a 4.5 OS.
Blod devices are all shipped with the 4.6 OS.

About the Curve never getting 4.5 OS, that is a very valuable information. I hope your correspondent is saying BS.

The search box on top-right of this page is your true friend, and the public Knowledge Base too:
New Contributor

Is there a way to install a different carrier's 4.5 OS on an AT&T 8300 Curve?

TIA

Elite I
My Device: STORM 9550 Verizon <><

I don't have ATT but a friend does - why dont ATT get the 4.5 ?

Smiley Happy Smiley Happy Nurse-Berry Smiley Happy Smiley Happy
My Device: Curve 8310

Will another carrier's update work on an AT&T 8310?
Elite I
My Device: STORM 9550 Verizon <><

I am not sure - I am still new too .  Someone will let us know.  

Smiley Happy Smiley Happy Nurse-Berry Smiley Happy Smiley Happy

I have a Curve 8300 with AT&T (which does not offer OS 4.5) and I just downloaded and installed the OS 4.5 from the Hong Kong site. So far it looks good and works fine. I checked in the Options>About link and it confirms that I'm now running the 4.5 OS. You just have to download and install it on your desktop machine(it takes about an hour so be patient) then go to C:\program files\common files\Research in Motion\apploader directory and delete the vendor.xml file. Then connect your Blackberry to your computer and run the loader.exe and follow the prompts.

Best of luck!

Larry