Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® OS Smartphones

Highlighted
Contributor
My Device: CURVE 8310
Accepted Solution

AUTOMATIC TIME CHANGE BASED ON NEW TIME ZONE?

Good evening everyone. I just spent the last week in Dallas in two back to back meetings.  When I got off the plane there and turned my 8310 back on, I expected it to recognize the new location and adjust my time to Central time from San Francisco Pacific time.  It did not automatically adjust.  I had to go in and tell it that it was now operating in the Central time zone. Is my BB working properly or should it have automatically added 2 hours?

As always, thanks for your help!!

-Ken

Guru I
My Device: Torch 9850/ Playbook
My Carrier: VerizonWireless

Re: AUTOMATIC TIME CHANGE BASED ON NEW TIME ZONE?

Hi,

The Blackberry does not change to or recognize time zones, sorry!

Thanks,

If you need more information, please ask! 

If not, please resolve the post using the options by the kudos’ star.

Just check the post that had your answer! 

Thanks 

Click Accept as Solution for posts that have solved your issue(s)!
Be sure to click Like! for those who have helped you.

Install BlackBerry Protect it's a free application designed to help find your lost BlackBerry smartphone, and keep the information on it secure.

Follow Bifocals on Twitter

Contributor
My Device: Curve 8310

Actually, yes it does.  If you go to Options, Setup, Date/Time and set Date/Time Source to Network, it will adjust when you go to a different time zone.  This as worked for me.
Guru I

Hi, I was going by this KB article:

http://www.blackberry.com/btsc/search.do?cmd=displayKC&docType=kc&externalId=KB11675&sliceId=SAL_Pub...

Please let me know what model device and OS you are using.

Thanks

Install BlackBerry Protect it's a free application designed to help find your lost BlackBerry smartphone, and keep the information on it secure.

Contributor
My Device: Curve 8310

I have the 8310 with att
Guru I

And the device OS?

Curious, I have not heard of a BB doing this.

Thanks

New Contributor
My Device: Not Specified

I too have the same problem.  I have my options set to use network time.  When I change time zones the time does not change.  When I click update time, it still keeps the time in the time zone set, not to the network time which is in the time zone I happen to be in.

This is kind of retarded, but every week I have to manually change my time when I get to my destination and when I return.

I have a blackberry 8320 v4.2.2.180 from T-Mobile.

Developer

There is an application called AutoTimeZone that adjusts the device Time Zone automatically based on your location:

http://www.mobihand.com/product.asp?id=25076

New Contributor

Thanks for that info.  Unfortunately that software is not compatible with my blackberry curve 8320.  aaargh!  But maybe that helps some of the other people out there.
New Contributor

Okay a few questions about travel and the time zones:  If the BB time does not automatically adjust for traveling between time zones, and you should enter the appointment in your PRIMARY time zone, the reminder should work like normal and go off whatever amount of minutes or hours set correct?  Does the reminder alarm adjust and just go off the 30 minutes (or whatever time you set for it) before the appointment, no matter what time zone you are in?  Here's my example: A meeting set by someone in Eastern time for 11:00 am (not an invitation) which is 8:00 am Pacific, the appointment was entered before traveling; what will the calendar show on the BB once reaching the Eastern Time Zone?  According to all the research it should show the appointment at 8:00 am still and not have switched to 11:00.  Trying to settle on a direction based on research on MS site that recommends the user to not change their original time zone and only display the secondary zone.  This is only for your client version of Outlook and not through the BES as you don't have the option to display two time zones on a BB.  I'm asking because my boss has me switch appointment to the "local" time of where he is traveling to and then misses appointments.

Thank you!

~weDinks