Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® OS Smartphones

New Contributor
My Device: Not Specified

About Read Receipt

When I send emails from my 8310  through BIS, other people will see a message that "The message sender has requested a response to indicate that you have read this message. Would you like to send a receipt"

I want to disable my email accompanying with such request. I go to
menu->options->email settings; then I set
confirm delivery: Yes
confirm read: no
send read receipts: no

But other people still see this annoying message.

Does anybody know how to disable it? Thanks!
Guru I
My Device: Torch 9850/ Playbook
My Carrier: VerizonWireless

Re: About Read Receipt

Hi and welcome to the forums!

What email service are you using? Gmail, yahoo, etc.

Let us know!

Click Accept as Solution for posts that have solved your issue(s)!
Be sure to click Like! for those who have helped you.

Install BlackBerry Protect it's a free application designed to help find your lost BlackBerry smartphone, and keep the information on it secure.

Follow Bifocals on Twitter

New Contributor

All of them. Gmail, Yahoo and my school email
Guru I

When you changed your options, did you change it on all three accounts?

Install BlackBerry Protect it's a free application designed to help find your lost BlackBerry smartphone, and keep the information on it secure.

New Contributor

Yes. Actually these settins are default. I just make 'no' for all three settings. Then read receipt disappears. But deliver receipt disappears too. So I am wondering what if I want to only get rid of read receipt.
Guru I

You are correctly setting the options, I have all three turned off and I have no responders asking about read receipts.

I believe that if you leave confirm delivery, it will tell the person that opens it that the sender is requesting a read receipt sent. That is the only way the message could be confirmed for delivery.

I would turn off all three.

Hope this helps!

Forums Veteran I
My Device: 8120, Storm, 8200

this KB explains how the whole thing works: http://www.blackberry.com/btsc/KB12661
Click on KUDOS to appreciate our efforts and mark the thread RESOLVED if your issue is resolved.
Guru I

Thanks BB got it bookmarked!

Highlighted

I know this may seem silly for some, if not, most people, but some visitors to this thread may be making the same mistake I was making.

If you are attempting to change the “Email Settings” of an email account on your blackberry by going to the specific icon on the main screen for your email address and then going to the “Options” item in the menu and then to the “Email Settings” item – you are not necessarily changing the options for that email account - All of the accounts go to the same place.

At the top of the “Email Settings” screen, be sure that the correct email address is selected in the first field and then set the options.

This is definitely not intuitive – one would think that if he enters the “Email Settings” screen from a certain email address, that he would be changing the settings for that account… but this is not necessarily the case if you have multiple email addresses to the one phone!

I hope this helps some people and sorry to the other people who have a genuine technical issue with the provider!

Bryan Welfel

Ashworth Creative
http://www.ashworthcreative.com/
Contributor

I am using Blackberry Professional Software on a server with t-mobile and verizon handhelds,

when I go to the email options menu,  there are not options for the Read Reciept and Delivery options, etc.