Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® OS Smartphones

New Contributor
My Device: Not Specified

Accesing the internet

I have recently bought a blackberry 8100 from ebay it seems to be an enterprise version. Is there any way of resetting this to a normal version as I am unable to access the internet?
Highlighted
Elite II
My Device: Torch 9800
My Carrier: grameenphone

Re: Accesing the internet

Are you subscribers for lackBerry data plan? If not then you'll not be able to use BlackBerry device to browse internet.

tanzim                                                                                  
If your query is resolved then please click on Accept as Solution

Click on the LIKE on the bottom right if the post deserves credit

New Contributor
My Device: Not Specified

I have a data plan which is 6mb email & internet. I went into vodafone and they said that it looked like an enterprise blackberry so is there any way of making it a normal blackberry. I bought it from ebay when I turn it on it has a bt icon whereas the sim card is vodafone.
Elite II
My Device: Torch 9800
My Carrier: grameenphone

Having email/internet plan will not entitle your to use BlackBerry. You need to have BlackBerry data plan. BlackBerry communicates through a special APN called blackberry.net which need to be provisioned in your SIM card by your carrier. This is similer as GPRS/EDGE provisioning.

tanzim                                                                                  
If your query is resolved then please click on Accept as Solution

Click on the LIKE on the bottom right if the post deserves credit