Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® OS Smartphones

Regular Contributor
My Device: LEAP and Blackberry Playbook
My Carrier: AT&T

Re: Accessing Blackberry App World

After numerous attempts today from mid afternoon until now 10:30 PM eastern I was able to connect to the server and download the latest version App World update and my update for BB traffic.

New Contributor
My Device: Torch 9800

Email, browser, everything else works, but I haven't been able to connect to app world for 3 days.

I have a data plan, on AT&T, located in the southeast US.

Does Blackberry have an official outage page or current known issues?  That'd be helpful...

My Device: blackberry torch
My Carrier: att

I'm having the same problem.  telling me cannot connect to app world, please verify connections.  Everything else is working fine....help!!

Forums Veteran I
My Device: BlackBerry 9900

I think I saw a tweet earlier that there was an AppWorld outage, which would explain why y'all are having issues.  I'll see if I can find it and report back.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
*** If I've been helpful please consider clicking the LIKE BUTTON beneath my post.
*** Please remember to mark your thread as "Resolved" by clicking on OPTIONS to the right of the post and selecting "Accepted Solution."
Forums Veteran I
My Device: BlackBerry 9900

Can't find it, but it definitely did happen.  AppWorld has been having issues the past couple of days.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
*** If I've been helpful please consider clicking the LIKE BUTTON beneath my post.
*** Please remember to mark your thread as "Resolved" by clicking on OPTIONS to the right of the post and selecting "Accepted Solution."
New Contributor
My Carrier: Rogers

Alright so, App World is working for me now and upgraded everything. Youtube still doesn't work for me. Anyone else finding youtube problems? Keeps asking me to verify the link is right or whatever.

Contributor
My Carrier: Bell Mobility

Hello BillJ....and everyone else, that's posted here. In a way, it's comforting to know (in a way) that I've not been the only one to experience this issue. I ended up phoning my cellphone service provider (Bell Mobility), and talking to one of their Tech Support people. They took me through some basic tests, with my handset. (I can't recall what most of them were). They put me through to Blackberry Tech Support. One of the things I was asked to do, was download a fresh copy of Blackberry App World. This still gave me the same error message I was getting before. I was then asked to setup a new Blackberry ID. For some reason, after doing this and trying to connect with the new ID.....I was able to access App World!

I still don't understand how or why my original ID wasn't working. Perhaps something got 'messed up' when I tried to restore my data from my Curve, onto my new handset (Torch 9800). Perhaps - for those of you that are still having trouble - try just that: download a fresh copy of App World, and install it. Then - setup a new Blackberry ID, and try connecting with that.

Highlighted
New Contributor
My Device: torch 9800
My Carrier: at&t

Hoping someone here can help me! I am new to the Torch and i am trying to access ebooks and when i touch ebooks i get a message of : there is an issue with blackberry app world. Please try again. I have been trying for 3 days.. really hoping someone can help!! Thanks