Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® OS Smartphones

New Contributor
My Device: Curve 8520
My Carrier: Vodacom

Accidentally deleted all my folders

I had my blackberry as well as my memory stick connected to my pc . I wanted to clear out my memory stick and unfortunately in a moment of complete distraction I deleted all my folders off my BB! I could kick myself!! So now when I connect my BB to my pc all the folders appear as shortcuts and are only 1KB in size. I can take pictures but it does not save them, I cant take videos or voicenotes at all. I cant copy and paste anything into them. If the folders now appear as shortcuts surely the original folder can be restored? Is this possible?

My contacts, email and IM settings remain the same - Its just the "Media" I am having a problem with! When I called our service provider I was told that I needed a new memory card and that will restore all the settings. That does not make sense to me.

I tried to update the software on my phone but it did not fix the problem as I had hoped.

Any suggestions how to proceed?

Thanks

Tanea

Retired
My Device: BlackBerry Z10

Re: Accidentally deleted all my folders

Hi Tanea,

If you deleted all of your folders from your BlackBerry media card, all data inside those folders would have been removed as well.  If your folders were empty and you just want the folder structure back, you can format your media card under Options>Memory, press the menu key then Format. 

Let me know if this works!

-CptS

Come follow your BlackBerry Technical Team on twitter! @BlackBerryHelp

Be sure to click Kudos! for those who have helped you.

Click Solution? for posts that have solved your issue(s)!