Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® OS Smartphones

New Contributor
My Device: Not Specified

Account creation problem

Good afternoon, I have already searched for a solution to this problem and did not fiind a suitable answer. My verizon account originally had an 8830we on it That phone has since been replaced by a Curve 8330. The esn and pin on the 8830we have since been released (I verified this with Verizon CS a few minutes ago.) I tried to create a new bis account. When I entered the 8830we's pin and esn as requested, I got an 'account already exists' message. Since the pin has already been released by Verizon, I'm not sure what to do or who to contact to resolve this issue. Can anyone hear help? Thanks in advance.
Retired
My Device: BlackBerry Curve 9360
My Carrier: Bell

Re: Account creation problem

Verizon should have simply switched the PIN and ESN in your existing BIS account to match your new device. Have you tried just logging in to your existing BIS account and checking to see if your new PIN/ESN is already in there?

CerealBypass wrote:

Verizon should have simply switched the PIN and ESN in your existing BIS account to match your new device. Have you tried just logging in to your existing BIS account and checking to see if your new PIN/ESN is already in there?

The problem isn't with my current BIS account.  However, when I try to create a new bis account with the old 8830we device, I get the following error message:

BIS

I've been back and forth with Verizon CS for almost a WEEK now. How can the account be suspended or deactivated if there's no account associated with the device?

Any clues?

Retired
My Device: BlackBerry Curve 9360
My Carrier: Bell

I sent a private message to RoBo92 to get the PIN of the device in hopes that I can look it up.

CerealBypass wrote:

I sent a private message to RoBo92 to get the PIN of the device in hopes that I can look it up.

PM message has been replied to. Thanks again Smiley Happy