Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® OS Smartphones

Visitor
My Device: 9700

Action required. Update settings for Gmail account

I have a very annoying problem since yesterday:

My blackberry (9700 Bold OS6) stopped receiving emails from one of my gmail accounts. Sending a message as following:

Your gmail email messages are not being delivered to your BlackBerry® device. To receive your email messages, turn on the IMAP setting for All Mail in your murat account.

After you turn on the IMAP setting for All Mail, you must validate your account on your BlackBerry device.

1. Click the Setup folder (if available), then click the Email Settings or Setup Internet Email* icon.
2. Click Email Accounts.
3. Validate your murat email account.

The other email accounts on your BlackBerry device are not affected.

BlackBerry® Internet Service

* Note that some BlackBerry devices and some themes may have different icons or menus than those mentioned.

-- Automatically generated email: Do Not Reply to this email --

Problem is that the IMAP setttings for this account is ok. I also have another gmail account with the same settings and that is functioning very well. I also have Mail receiving programs on my computer which are receiving well all the mail via IMAP settings. So the problem is not the a settings problem but a blackberry's receiving problem.

I tried validate the email address by writing my password, it validates but immediatly I receive a new message same as above. I also tried:

- cancelling and re-adding the gmail account (via internet site and also via phone)

- changing the password an retry validating

- cancelling service books

- formatting the blackberry and reinstallling the software

but none of these methods worked, everytime I received the same error message, whatever I tried to do.

I called my operator, he couldn't resolve neither the problem, I even gave him my gmail account password to him so he can validate it in their servers, or so he can check my gmail settings, but everything looks normal.

So after I try everything and after million times of battery pull, I am desperate, what else I can do to receive email from this specific gmail account?

My Device: Torch 9800
My Carrier: ATT

Re: Action required. Update settings for Gmail account

Been struggling with the same thing myself for the past few days. 

Found an answer via crackberry that I thought I'd share with you.

In gmail go to labels-manage labels and make sure that show drafts and show inbox in IMAP are checked. 

It should work from there. 

Good luck!

My Device: Bold 9650
My Carrier: AT&T

I've had the same problem. One gmail account works fine, another with the same settings keeps giving me this error.

The labels settings you describe don't seem to help either.
My Device: 9800
My Carrier: ATT

Same problem for me but I got it working by adjusting the 'All Mail' label.  Making sure that was showing and checked for Show in IMAP.

My Device: BB8520
My Carrier: VODAFONE IN

Thanks a lot, was looking for a solution for over a month now...Pheew!!
New Contributor
My Device: Bold 9700
My Carrier: Vodafone Essar

thanks for the "All mail" tip. got it to work. gee, thanks!

P.S.: i also did this:

https :// www . google . com/accounts/UnlockCaptcha