Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® OS Smartphones

New Contributor
My Device: 9800 Torch
My Carrier: Rob

Activating my BBM

Hi guys

Need some help please, I need to activate my BB services so i can start chatting on bbm again. Just moved to Aus and have signed up with Virging mobile. How do i do this ?

Thanks

Hall of Famer III
My Device: DTEK50 (AAH108), PRIV (AAH505), Z10/Z30/Q10 (10.3.2.2813), Playbook (2.1.0.1917)
My Carrier: TMobile USA

Re: Activating my BBM

Hello,

Depending on your specific circumstances, some or all of this might or might not be necessary:

1) If you bought a new BB from Virgin AU, then just ring them up to find out how to activate BIS.

2) Your BB, if you brought it with you, must be compatible with the Virgin network. You will need to look into the technical specifications of their network and compare that to the radio capabilities of your BB. If they are not compatible, then you must buy a new BB.

3) Some carriers forbid devices that they did not sell from running on their network. If they do so, then you must buy a new BB.

4) To use a compatible BB on an allowed carrier network that it is not native to, you must unlock it from it's original carrier. Then you must activate it on the new carrier. Then you must obtain the Service Books from the new carrier...some carriers will push them to you, some will not and you must do some manual steps to get them to work.

All in all, it's rather complicated to get a BB to work on a carrier network to which it is not native. Please tell us the specifics of your situation and we can expand on the process that applies to you.

Good luck!

Occam's Razor nearly always applies when troubleshooting technology issues!

New to the Community? Click here and also here for helpful guidance. Also please click here for additional helpful information to guide you as you proceed. I always recommend that you treat your BlackBerry like any other computing device, including using a regular backup schedule...click here for an article with instructions. If anyone has been helpful to you, please show your appreciation by clicking the button. Need a reference to BB10 OS/SR versions? Click here. Need a specific BB10 AutoLoader? Send me a private message.

...................................................... ......................................................