Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® OS Smartphones

My Device: 9320
My Carrier: vodafone

Add non UK email account to bb 9320 on vodafone

Please help!

I am having problems adding a non uk email account to my vodafone bb. It keeps coming up as invalid email or password.

Has anyone done  this before?

Thank you

Hall of Famer III
My Device: PRIV (6.0.1/AAG853), Z10/Z30/Q10 (, Playbook (
My Carrier: TMobile USA

Re: Add non UK email account to bb 9320 on vodafone

Hi and Welcome to the Community!

If you have other email accounts functioning correctly on your BB and/or if your other BB-proprietary services (e.g., BBM, Browser, etc.) are all working fine, then the result is likely correct.

If, for example, you have a mixture of numbers, letters, and symbols in your ID or password, and you don't enter those perfectly correctly on the BB keyboard, the result sent for verification will be incorrect.

Further, sometimes the on-device email integration wizard just has issues...sometimes, you can try, from your BB Browser, this URL:

Further still, sometimes the use, from a PC/browser, of your carriers BIS website can succeed where other methods fail...you'll have to either search for or ask your carrier for the URL of their BIS website (assuming they have one).

Further again still, sometimes, if you ring your carrier up, they can succeed where other methods fail. This method, of course, is risky in that you must then reveal your email credentials to the agent so that they can enter them to your account for you.

Good luck!

Occam's Razor nearly always applies when troubleshooting technology issues!

New to the Community? Click here and also here for helpful guidance. Also please click here for additional helpful information to guide you as you proceed. I always recommend that you treat your BlackBerry like any other computing device, including using a regular backup schedule...click here for an article with instructions. If anyone has been helpful to you, please show your appreciation by clicking the button. Need a reference to BB10 OS/SR versions? Click here. Need a specific BB10 AutoLoader? Send me a private message.

...................................................... ......................................................