Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® OS Smartphones

My Device: Bold 9790
My Carrier: Fido

Adding Arabic Language to my blackberry 9790

pls help Smiley Sad 

i got the new blabkberry bold 9790 (got it from Fido) in canada, and i want to add arabic language as input language and it just won't happen, i downloaded the multilingual software from the site and deleted "Vendor.xml" and i ran the app loader and nothing, the arabic language does not exist in as input language in the desktop manager, so what to do??

Hall of Famer III
My Device: PRIV (6.0.1/AAF518), Z10/Z30/Q10 (10.3.2.2813), Playbook (2.1.0.1526)
My Carrier: TMobile USA

Re: Adding Arabic Language to my blackberry 9790

Hi and Welcome to the Community!

First, please start here:

• KB05305Localization support for BlackBerry smartphones

Please be sure that, by virtue of the OS package filename, you are using the correct package to include the language(s) you desire.

If the OS package you installed to your PC was different from what your BB was already running, then it is likely that AppLoader simply ignored the OS package. There are a few reasons why it would do so:

1. You used an OS package for a model number BB that is different from yours
  2. You used an OS package from a carrier other than your BB's original carrier, but did not delete ALL copies of VENDOR.XML -- some OS packages have only one, but most of the more recent ones actually have two!
  3. You have more than one OS package installed to your PC, and this can confuse the Desktop Software

Those are the most frequent reasons that this happens...typically, AppLoader will pop up an offer to install the OS package to your BB...it will not even get to the point of allowing you to select anything from it's menus as it senses that you've installed, to your PC, a valid OS that does not match what is on your BB...and it right up front offers to install it to your BB. If it does not make that offer, then it has ignored the OS package completely (normally for one of the reasons above).

Note that, if it is the VENDOR.XML issue, here are the folders that they are normally located in (it can be slightly different depending on your Windows OS level:

• C:\Program Files (x86)\Common Files\Research In Motion\AppLoader
  • C:\Users\(your Windows UserName)\AppData\Roaming\Research In Motion\BlackBerry\Loader XML

Good luck and let us know!

Occam's Razor nearly always applies when troubleshooting technology issues!

New to the Community? Click here and also here for helpful guidance. Also please click here for additional helpful information to guide you as you proceed. I always recommend that you treat your BlackBerry like any other computing device, including using a regular backup schedule...click here for an article with instructions. If anyone has been helpful to you, please show your appreciation by clicking the button. Need a reference to BB10 OS/SR versions? Click here. Need a specific BB10 AutoLoader? Send me a private message.

...................................................... ......................................................

Thank you for the solution, i downloaded the OS for my service providor and it said (All Languages) 

and i deleted the Vendor.Xml and started the app loader but there is no arabic language Smiley Sad

Hall of Famer III
My Device: PRIV (6.0.1/AAF518), Z10/Z30/Q10 (10.3.2.2813), Playbook (2.1.0.1526)

Well, if the OS package was from your service provider, then it is not needed to delete the VENDOR.XML files.

Further, you again said you delete "the" VENDOR.XML...I read that as deleting one, not two.

Further still, the match between the BB and the OS Package is not necessarily a matter of your mobile service provider. Rather, it is a matter of the carrier for which your BB was originally manufactured. There are many cases where folks have unlocked BBs and they are running them on a carrier other than that original one. In their cases, the need to delete the VENDOR.XML files is not based on their present carrier, but rather the one for which their BB was originally manufactured.

Further still, you did not mention anything about the possible cause of more than one OS package installed to your PC.

I also cannot quite tell which method you are actually attempting. Are you running the Desktop Software, and then selecting something within it? Or are you bypassing the Desktop Software, and proceeding directly to LOADER.EXE?

Especially with the Desktop Software method, you actually should not be quite able to select anything...when a valid BB OS package is recognized by the Desktop Software as different from what is already running on the attached BB, then the Desktop Software immediately presents a popup offer to install that to the BB, before you can select anything within the Desktop Software. So, if you are using this method, then the OS package is indeed being ignored by the Desktop Software, likely for one of the reasons above.

Also, when you do get to the list of Apps and such to install, what is the very first line item please? If it is not the core BB OS itself (e.g., it is one of the add-on apps like Maps or something), then the BB OS package is indeed being ignored.

You might try a different OS package, perhaps an East Asian or Multi-Language pack. You also might try packages from other carriers. While rare, there sometimes are small differences. But, in all cases, please do be sure to delete both copies of VENDOR.XML...if you leave one on your PC, the OS package will be ignored under the conditions I've outlined.

Good luck and let us know!

New to the Community? Click here and also here for helpful guidance. Also please click here for additional helpful information to guide you as you proceed. I always recommend that you treat your BlackBerry like any other computing device, including using a regular backup schedule...click here for an article with instructions. If anyone has been helpful to you, please show your appreciation by clicking the button. Need a reference to BB10 OS/SR versions? Click here. Need a specific BB10 AutoLoader? Send me a private message.

...................................................... ......................................................

Ok so here's what I did, i went to use a different latop, a one that havent been used with a blackberry before

i downloaded the desktop manager 

downloaded the OS which (Fido) in canada 

deleted the Vendor from TWO locations as you told me before. 

connected the blackberry, and the desktop manager started running, now it shows all languages (East Asian) but there is no arabic :/ 

Hall of Famer III

When you review the first KB I gave you, you will note that "All Languages" and "East Asian" are two completely different OS packages.

When you re-read my message 4 above, you will further recall that I recommend you try other OS packages...if the OS package you installed to the PC happens to be the exact one that is already running on the BB, then the Desktop Software will not do the automated pop-up offer to install it to the BB, as it does not recognize it as being different.

Further still, when you re-read my message 4 above, you will see some questions I asked...specifically, I understand that what you see does not show the language you desire...but I need to know what the first line item is in what it displays (the screen with all the line items and tic boxes).

There may be other questions I asked above...so I ask you now to re-read my posts and be sure that you've answered them all...for I do not ask questions for fun...there is a diagnostic conclusion I can make from the answer to the question...but lacking an answer from you, I can make no deduction at all.

I cannot tell you what OS package to try...you must try them all until you find the one that contains the things that you desire. I have seen, while rare, the same OS level from two different carriers contain different mixes of languages...so you must continue to search. So far, as far as I can tell, you have tried only one OS package, and it does not contain what you desire. So you need to move on to a different OS package, likely from a different carrier.

My Device: 9790
My Carrier: BLACKBERRY

sdgardne wrote:
When you review the first KB I gave you, you will note that "All Languages" and "East Asian" are two completely different OS packages.

When you re-read my message 4 above, you will further recall that I recommend you try other OS packages...if the OS package you installed to the PC happens to be the exact one that is already running on the BB, then the Desktop Software will not do the automated pop-up offer to install it to the BB, as it does not recognize it as being different.

Further still, when you re-read my message 4 above, you will see some questions I asked...specifically, I understand that what you see does not show the language you desire...but I need to know what the first line item is in what it displays (the screen with all the line items and tic boxes).

There may be other questions I asked above...so I ask you now to re-read my posts and be sure that you've answered them all...for I do not ask questions for fun...there is a diagnostic conclusion I can make from the answer to the question...but lacking an answer from you, I can make no deduction at all.

I cannot tell you what OS package to try...you must try them all until you find the one that contains the things that you desire. I have seen, while rare, the same OS level from two different carriers contain different mixes of languages...so you must continue to search. So far, as far as I can tell, you have tried only one OS package, and it does not contain what you desire. So you need to move on to a different OS package, likely from a different carrier.

sdgardne wrote:

sdgardne wrote:

sdgardne wrote:

sdgardne wrote: