Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® OS Smartphones

New Contributor
My Device: Not Specified

Adding a signature at the end of my text messages

I would like to add a signature at the end ot my text messages, do anyone know how to do that? I found out how to add my name to the display screen, but i would like to add something to the end of my text messages as well!  PLEASE HELP ME!
Highlighted
Contributor
My Device: Blackberry Storm

Re: Adding a signature at the end of my text messages

It is easy.

Go into your mailbox, click the BB button, go to options. Click on Email setting (2nd from the top). There is a field at the bottom to type in your footer. Make sure the setting just above it is set to "on".

If you are using Desktop Manager, you can also set it up from your desktop.

I did it in a few minutes. It much better than the standard "Sent wireless from my Verizon Blackberry"! Nice that we are paying VZ and RIM so much to advertise for them! Besides, if you use the same footer as your desktop, people never know if you are in our office or out and about!

New Contributor

I still don't get it....becuz all my text messages go to the SMS And MMS button on the Blackberry Storm...I click options but didn't get anything.....I guess I"ll figure it out some way or the other....

Elite I
My Device: 9800 - OS 6.0.0.246

[ Edited ]

The previous post described how to change the email signature. That same signature isn't on a sms/text message.

You can setup an AutoText entry though. Go into Options | AutoText. Hit your menu key and select New. Scroll down to the "Replace" section and put in a short phrase - i.e. "sig" . In the "With" section type in what you want your signature to say. Afterwards just hit your menu button and choose Save

How whenever you in a text message you just have to type in your phrase (i.e. "sig") and the BlackBerry will replace it with your desired text.

Message Edited by jmrmb80 on 12-09-2008 01:20 AM
_______________________________________________________________________________________________________________
If someone has been helpful please consider giving them kudos by clicking the star to the left of their post.
Remember to resolve your thread by clicking Accepted Solution.
New Contributor

Boooooo!!!!! I can send encrypted messages, navigate **bleep**-near anywhere in the US and stream live video from my blackberry but I can't have a signature auto-populate for my sms/mms messages?

That's almost as bad as RIM not making screen auto-lock a built in feature. Speaking of, why do I have to manually lock the device each time I wanna put it down? Why can't it just lock itself when the screen turns off? But I digress....

Thanks for the clarification! :-)

Elite I

datboyxo wrote:

Boooooo!!!!! I can send encrypted messages, navigate **bleep**-near anywhere in the US and stream live video from my blackberry but I can't have a signature auto-populate for my sms/mms messages?

That's almost as bad as RIM not making screen auto-lock a built in feature. Speaking of, why do I have to manually lock the device each time I wanna put it down? Why can't it just lock itself when the screen turns off? But I digress....

Thanks for the clarification! :-)

The closet thing you can get with that is to either hit the Lock button to lock it right away, or to set the device with a password and have the security timeout set to 1 minute.   Smiley Happy

_______________________________________________________________________________________________________________
If someone has been helpful please consider giving them kudos by clicking the star to the left of their post.
New Contributor

I am trying to follow the directions to attach a signature at the end of my emails and I am unable to locate the checkbox that is referred to:

BB button, go to options. Click on Email setting (2nd from the top). There is a field at the bottom to type in your footer.

What is the BB Button? Is that the menu button? If so, when I click on that I do not get the option of typing in a footer or anything. Also, I couldnt figure out how to do it on the desktop software. Any further directions much appreciated.

TY

Elite I

OK. Where that person was referring to is only there if you're on a BES (corporate email). For people who aren't on a BES, you can set the signature on your BIS carrier's website. Which carrier do you have?
New Contributor

Hi. You are correct, I am not on the Enterprise server, I am using Blackberry Internet Service. I already went to the Verizon Blackberry site and made sure my signatures were correct and saved. (They were already there because I was using the Curve.) I even re-saved them after editing just to see if that would work. I still get "Sent from my Verizon Wireless" as the signature. That is why I thought maybe it was a setting on the actual Storm.....
Elite I

Hmmm, is it doing that for all your email accounts or just one?

Have you tried deleting the email accounts and readding them?

Or try resending the service books from your carrier's website? Afterwards try resetting the device by removing the battery