Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® OS Smartphones

Contributor
My Device: BB Storm

Re: Adding a signature at the end of my text messages

jmrmb80 wrote:

The previous post described how to change the email signature. That same signature isn't on a sms/text message.

You can setup an AutoText entry though. Go into Options | AutoText. Hit your menu key and select New. Scroll down to the "Replace" section and put in a short phrase - i.e. "sig" . In the "With" section type in what you want your signature to say. Afterwards just hit your menu button and choose Save

How whenever you in a text message you just have to type in your phrase (i.e. "sig") and the BlackBerry will replace it with your desired text.

Message Edited by jmrmb80 on 12-09-2008 01:20 AM

This worked the vry fist time I tried it.Now it doesnt seem to work,I put in the sig and then send it and sig" is what is sent,weird??

a "storm" is coming
My Device: Blackberry Tour 9630
My Carrier: Verizon Wireless

Thank you mucho! Appreciate the step-by-step instructions for the new BB user!

My Device: Not Specified

Please help I turned on a signature for my text messages, on my BB 9700 but now I cannot figure out how to remove the signature from my texts now! How do I erase the text message signature from my texts on my bold 9700? PLEASE HELP!