Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® OS Smartphones

Visitor
My Device: Blackberry Bold 9650
My Carrier: Digicel Jamaica

Adding different device to bbid

I have a blackberry id that I set up for my previous blackberry bold 9650. However, this device was liquid damaged and my brother has lent me his blackberry tour 9630. He never activated the blackberry service on this device and I would like to know 2 things: 

1. How do I add this device to my original blackberry id?

2. Why am I not able to download any apps or access blackberry app world on the blackberry tour 9630 with my original blackberry id.?

I am in dire need of some assistance asap. Thanks much!

Hall of Famer III
My Device: DTEK50 (AAI82), PRIV (AAI795), Z10/Z30/Q10 (10.3.2.2813), Playbook (2.1.0.1917)
My Carrier: TMobile USA

Re: Adding different device to bbid

Hi and Welcome to the Community!

kute_tye wrote:

1. How do I add this device to my original blackberry id?

Via the 9630 device interface, by logging into the BB ID. If you receive an error such as "please enter the credentials for this device", then it's likely that the 9630 was previously associated with a BBID, in which case a WIPE must be performed on it to remove it from that BB ID and allow you to log into your BB ID on the 9630:

• KB26694 How to change the BlackBerry ID on a BlackBerry PlayBook tablet or BlackBerry smartphone

kute_tye wrote:

2. Why am I not able to download any apps or access blackberry app world on the blackberry tour 9630 with my original blackberry id.?

Ummm...sorry but, it's because, due to your first question, the 9630 is not yet associated to your prior BB ID. Until it is, you have no access to anything concerning your old device, including prior AppWorld purchases on that BBID/old device.

Further, you will need to compare the specific app compatibilities...an app developed for a 9650 may or may not be also ported to the 9630. Each developer makes their own decisions regarding device model number and major OS level compatibility. The 9630 must be compatible with the apps you had on your 9650...if it's not, then you can't have them on the 9630.

Good luck!

Occam's Razor nearly always applies when troubleshooting technology issues!

New to the Community? Click here and also here for helpful guidance. Also please click here for additional helpful information to guide you as you proceed. I always recommend that you treat your BlackBerry like any other computing device, including using a regular backup schedule...click here for an article with instructions. If anyone has been helpful to you, please show your appreciation by clicking the button. Need a reference to BB10 OS/SR versions? Click here. Need a specific BB10 AutoLoader? Send me a private message.

...................................................... ......................................................