Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® OS Smartphones

Visitor
My Device: Blackberry Curve 8530
My Carrier: U.S. Cellular

Address book not installed...

I updated my software version on my BB Curve 8530. Then my contacts disappeared a couple days later. When I tried to restore it on my computer and sync with my Outlook 2007 (which I have never had a problem with) it says "Address book not installed." I have all my calendar, memos, tasks, and contacts saved in Outlook so they are there on my computer but now it will not sync with my computer - I get "Unknown error. Cannot sync." I have tried to reset the sync configurations to no avail - I still get the same message. I took it to the US Cellular place who told me to just install my last backup file - did and it put my contacts back on but still will not sync with my computer so all my calendar information is out of date from the restore file and cannot be updated to reflect what is in Outlook. I took it there again and had them wipe the phone back to "factory settings" supposedly and when I get home - same deal. I'm getting very frustrated with it. Anyone had any issues like this and know what to do? Thanks!

My Device: curve 8530
My Carrier: Verizon

Re: Address book not installed...

I have the same issue. I can to sync and can not get the address book to install no matter what I do.

My Device: Not Specified

i'm having the exact same issue - except that the contacts miraculously reappeared, and there's like 50 different entries for the most recent contact. when i delete one, all of them get deleted.

i use verizon, and i tried restoring with the backup assistant but it says i only have 46 contacts.

anybody know what the deal is?

My Device: Curve 8530

I am having the same issue for about 2 weeks now of contacts disappearing, double entries, or nothing being in my contacts at all.  I am beginning to think my curve is possessed.  Any ideas on how to fix it?  I have tried taking the battery out and rebooting it but it is still possessed.

Thank you.

Covrags

Forums Veteran I
My Device: Curve 8520 OS v5.0.0.681
My Carrier: Orange UK

Have you guys also recently installed new OS or apps because there may be a trend developing.

Blackberry Best Advice - Back-up weekly

If I have helped you please check the "Kudos" star on the right >>>>
New Contributor
My Device: Blackberry 8530

Since January of 2011, I have been having the same problem.  When I sync to Outlook on my computer my "address book is not installed"  I had gone from MSOffice 2007 to MSOffice 2010. I spent about 2 hours with tech support and they had no answer. 

I went back through the reset settings and configure settings.  The configure settings goes through the process of allowing me to configure the address book to Outlook and sync both ways. But after i configure this, it still says that my address book is not set up.  This is extremely annoying.  

I tried syncing with a computer on MS 2007, same  problem, "address book is not installed"  Went back to a computer using MS office 2003, but have the same problem  when I try to sync the Blackberry Curve 8530 to Outlook on my computer.

Now, I checked my apps installed and I see that I have tasks and memopad "installed"  but it plainly says on the list that the email setup application and the "phone" applcation is not installed.  Could this be the problem?

I am very disturbed at this and I see that other people are experiencing the same problem and no one has replyed to them.  Isn't there any answer for this?

My Device: BlackBerry Curve 8530

I thought I was just losing it - yeap... all of my contacts are a mess!  My Address Book states, "non installed" and I cannot figure out what to do... and yes, I recently did an upgrade - some upgrade!

My Device: Blackberry Curve 8530
My Carrier: Verizon Wireless

I synced my phone today for the first time in a couple of months and the same thing has just happened to me. Has anyone tried actually uninstalling and reinstalling their BB desktop software? I'm going to try it when I get home since my daughter couldn't find the disc to bring to me at work.  I am very upset! Thank God I have everything in my Outlook at work even though I don't use the back up at least all of my schedules and contacts are there.

I've had my phone for about a year and a half and the only time I EVER have trouble with it is when I do a software update, however......

Ironically I am do with Verizon for an upgrade next month I think. I find it very interesting that in the past week I have suddenly started having all kinds of issues with this phone freezing and now the contact list.  At the risk of sounding like a conspiracy theorist, I SWEAR I  THINK THEY SEND SIGNALS TO THESE THINGS when they want you to buy a new one. 

My Device: BlackBerry Curve 8530

call Verizon - they had to SWIPE my phone clean and then it worked... it is craziness - conspiracy theories are real!!
Highlighted
Contributor
My Device: 8530
My Carrier: Sprint

This issue seems to have been going on for some time now.

I experienced this issue when i updated to the last v5.x version of [I believe] 2010...I do not thin there was an update for 5.x in 2011, but I could be wrong.

Anyway this was when I first experienced the issue and here it is January 2012 and from what I see there is no resolution to the problem.

I guess its true that RIM is in trouble in the US and will not be around much longer....time for a Droid I guess!

Regards,
GPSIS