Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® OS Smartphones

New Contributor
My Device: Not Specified
Accepted Solution

Addressbook lookup - the "Find" feature

The "find" feature of my addressbook is not working.  I have over a 1000 contacts and no matter what (who) I try to look up up it says *No Addresses* 

I have checked the filter function and nothing is selected.  Any thoughts?? 

Thank you,

Richard256

Elite I
My Device: 9800 - OS 6.0.0.246

Re: Addressbook lookup - the "Find" feature

Hello Richard,

Can you try to reset the device by removing the battery for 30 seconds then replacing it. After the device reboots try to search for someone in the address book.

_______________________________________________________________________________________________________________
If someone has been helpful please consider giving them kudos by clicking the star to the left of their post.
Remember to resolve your thread by clicking Accepted Solution.
New Contributor
My Device: Not Specified

Thank you!  I knew that was the "fix" for the VZ Navigator.  Nice to know it works for that too.

Thank you for your time.

Richard256

Highlighted
Elite I
My Device: 9800 - OS 6.0.0.246

Not a problem. A battery pull is similar to rebooting a computer. So anytime it starts "misbehaving" that usually the first troubleshooting step to do. Take care.    Smiley Happy
_______________________________________________________________________________________________________________
If someone has been helpful please consider giving them kudos by clicking the star to the left of their post.
Remember to resolve your thread by clicking Accepted Solution.