Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® OS Smartphones

My Device: Not Specified

Adobe flash player / youtube

Hey guys, whenever I go to youtube on my blackbery storm and pick a video to watch it tells me I need the latest adobe flashplayer.  So I click install and it takes me to the adobe page however when I click install it says a pop up will come up and you have to click yes (to run the intalation) the thing is the pop up never comes and I am left just sitting there watching it.  Does anyone know how to install adobe flash player, or rather how to watch videos on youtube, because that is my ultamate goal.  Thanks for your help!
New Contributor
My Device: curve 8310

Re: Adobe flash player / youtube

There is no Adobe flash player version (or any type of flash player at all) available for individual download to a mobile phone, but I found this hint for viewing youtube videos on blackberryfreaks.com- I haven't tried it yet so don't know if it works, but its worth a try! Watch youtube videos on your blackberry   Notice that this is an external service and not a program which you can download on your blackberry.... 1. Go to the Youtube page on your BB. 2. Copy the link to the movie you want to watch. 3. visit the next external page on your blackberry: http://3gptogo.com/ 4. In this page paste your video from Youtube and than click CONVERT 5. Then the page says "wait a few minutes and fresh page" so do this, refresh the page after a few minutes. You will now be able to see the youtube videos on your blackberry
~selena~
Elite I
My Device: 9800 - OS 6.0.0.246

youtube also has a mobile version you can view some videos on. using the browser on the BlackBerry navigate to m.youtube.com
_______________________________________________________________________________________________________________
If someone has been helpful please consider giving them kudos by clicking the star to the left of their post.
Remember to resolve your thread by clicking Accepted Solution.
New Contributor
My Device: Not Specified

BB as of now doesn't support Flash.. This is the only bad part I hate it.. Smiley Sad Try vuclip.com if u want to watch videos.. Tx, SMR..
My Device: curve

good

Visitor
My Device: storm
My Carrier: Verizon

⁠
"BB as of now doesn't support Flash.. This is the only bad part I hate it.. Smiley Sad Try vuclip.com if u want to watch videos.. Tx, SMR.".

it's a great page .... Thanks Ơ̴̴͡.̮Ơ̴̴̴͡
Elite II
My Device: BlackBerry Z30
My Carrier: Rogers

For anyone who really wants Flash on their BlackBerry, don't forget that the PlayBook supports it!  Sure, it's a few hundred dollars more, but then you get Flash!  Oh yeah!

(Or just wait for the new QNX phones in a few months.  They're rumored to support Flash.)  Smiley Happy

- If my response has helped you, please click "Options" beside my post and mark it as solved. Clicking the "thumbs up" icon near the bottom of my response would also be appreciated.

New Contributor
My Device: Torch
My Carrier: Vodafone

You can also go to AppWorld and download an App for youtube which does the above link but with a specific for RIM. Works fine on my Torch