Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® OS Smartphones

New Contributor
My Device: Not Specified

Advice on easy contact and calender desktop

I apologize in advance for my question that may be covered already in another post. I have had my phone for almost 2 weeks and my head is spinning from looking through and trying solutions from the forum. I was a Treo user and loved the ease of its desktop management for contacts and calender, chose the Curve because of its email ease...and that has been wonderful.

I am willing to start from scratch by inputting my contacts and calender manually, but I want to know what program to concentrate on (outlook, google, or any other that someone can suggest). I don't want to input until I know I can Sync, and so far I have not been able to sync outlook 2000...Act, or my Palm. I followed detailed instructions about syncing my Palm to Excel then to Outlook, to much confusion and no avail.

I use my Act as a tool for my customer base at work and don't put my personal contacts in there, so I don't really want to use Act.

I am even willing to pay for an Outlook upgrade if that's the way to go since I can't seen to get 2000 to sync with the curve.

The curve software came as v4.3 which I immediately followed upgrades to v4.7 (may be my first mistake).

I'm sure I've left some key details out, but anyone who is willing to help or point me in the right direction would be much appreciated.

Thank you

Bart...BC53

Highlighted
Elite I
My Device: 9800 - OS 6.0.0.246

Re: Advice on easy contact and calender desktop

Most use Outlook. If you want to go that route follow these steps in the KB article to setup Outlook to sync with the BlackBerry

http://www.blackberry.com/btsc/KB17022

If you have a gmail account you can use the google sync app to sync the calendar and contacts with the BlackBerry

http://www.google.com/mobile/blackberry/sync.html

_______________________________________________________________________________________________________________
If someone has been helpful please consider giving them kudos by clicking the star to the left of their post.
Remember to resolve your thread by clicking Accepted Solution.