Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® OS Smartphones

Highlighted
My Device: Not Specified

Advice on steps to take when changing from BES environment to BIS environment?

I have seen posts on switch to the BIS environment but I am leaving a company with BES and would like to convert my BB to use with BIS.. I think there are BES rules, etc that I would like to get a clean slate on but wish to keep my address book, calendar, etc.  Also, the company had backup over the network versus using Desktop Manager.. I probably need to go back to that.. is there anything I should know?
Forums Veteran I
My Device: 8120, Storm, 8200

Re: Advice on steps to take when changing from BES environment to BIS environment?

well if you wanna retain your calendar and contacts, backup your device. Typically you will wipe it to clean it from previous BES, but it wont conflict with BIS, so you can use with BIS without doing anything. Now you have to create a BIS account and then add your personal or compnay account
Click on KUDOS to appreciate our efforts and mark the thread RESOLVED if your issue is resolved.
Forums Veteran II
My Device: Bold

Re: Advice on steps to take when changing from BES environment to BIS environment?

Ask your BES Admin to send a blank IT Policy to your HH.
------------------------------
If you've found a solution through a post; please mark it as a solution.
If someone's was particularly helpful, give them kudo's!.

Get busy living, or get busy dying.

http://blog.port3101.org/hdawg/