Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® OS Smartphones

My Device: Torch
My Carrier: Vodafone
Accepted Solution

After 5 different BBs, Torch is my last BB phone- cant you people get it right after 10 years?

Side to side reception with 8900 is much worse. GPS acquisition much slower. Whether this is hardware or soft is unclear to me but when I have no signal only "SOS" displayed in the middle of London one has to ask what the "!%$?

Updated to lates DM and Device soft as of 18.12.2010.  On PC sync crashes everytime I try to sync with outlook contacts. (was never a problem on non 6 version)

Wireless media sync is a DISASTER. crashes everytime it tries to sync. (all soft was updated/reloaded/cleaned/re-installed). 

PEOPLE IN RIM, HOW DIFFICULT IS IT TO COPY MUSIC FILES ONTO A MEMORY CARD CONNECTED THROUGH USB?

Gotta say, I kept telling everyone that Apple is a company of lemmings but RIM seems to be trying very hard to take that place

Solutions: 6,331
My Device: Passport • Z30 • Z10 • Torch9850 • Playbook
My Carrier: Verizon

Re: After 5 different BBs, Torch is my last BB phone- cant you people get it right after 10 years?

I guess they don't have newspapers in central London either: Smiley Wink

RIM outpaces predicted growth

Research in Motion Ltd. shipped 14.2 million BlackBerrys in its third quarter, 40 per cent more than the same quarter last year, the company reported Thursday.

The shipping numbers put RIM just ahead of Apple Inc., which reported shipping 14.1 million iPhones in its third quarter.

The company said it added about 5.1 million net new BlackBerry subscribers during the quarter. Total BlackBerry subscriber account base was more than 55 million accounts by the end of the quarter.

RIM’s revenue also grew 40 per cent since the same quarter last year, reaching $5.5 billion, the company said. Earnings per share were $1.74, up 58 per cent over the third quarter of 2009.

During the quarter, the company earned 82 per cent of its revenue on devices, 15 per cent from service, and three per cent from software and other revenue.

Jim Balsillie, co-CEO at RIM, said in a statement that it was “another record quarter” for the company.

“With strong results and momentum from our recent product introductions, as well as growing excitement from our partners and customers around upcoming smartphone, tablet, software and service offerings, we are setting the stage for continuing success,” Balsillie said.

>> NEW! 10% discount on BlackBerry devices from ShopBlackBerry.com, including PRIV

1. If any post helps you please click the Like Button below the post(s) that helped you.
2. Please resolve your thread by marking the post "Solution?" which solved it for you!
3. Install free BlackBerry Protect today for backups of contacts and data.
4. Guide to Unlocking your BlackBerry & Unlock Codes
Join our BBM Channels (Beta)
BlackBerry Support Forums Channel
PIN: C0001B7B4   Display/Scan Bar Code
Knowledge Base Updates
PIN: C0005A9AA   Display/Scan Bar Code
Contributor
My Device: Storm 9500

Re: After 5 different BBs, Torch is my last BB phone- cant you people get it right after 10 years?

There's no getting away from the sheer bulk of statistical positives inherent in RIM's recent corporate data. However there is also little doubt in my mind that the instances of material technological and customer-facing missteps at RIM in the last say 5 years, far outweighs those of its most potent rival, Apple.
Contributor

There's no getting away from the sheer bulk of statistical positives inherent in RIM's recent corporate data. However there is also little doubt in my mind that the instances of material technological and customer-facing missteps at RIM in the last say 5 years, far outweighs those of its most potent rival, Apple. The implication is that whilst RIM will not face deleterious operational or financial circumstances overnight, unless it addresses the issues inherent in the matters raised by the OP, at some point in the years to come it will inevitably face q showdown in which those issues will be amongst the final test. And if it hasn't improved by then, it will lose that test.

Lot's of "if" and "unless" there, so... you can join the 3-4 year old chorus of naysayers, and yet RIM continues to improve their postiion in the market. How odd.

Good luck.

>> NEW! 10% discount on BlackBerry devices from ShopBlackBerry.com, including PRIV

1. If any post helps you please click the Like Button below the post(s) that helped you.
2. Please resolve your thread by marking the post "Solution?" which solved it for you!
Knowledge Base Updates
Contributor

You could say that a number of 'ifs' and 'unless' are one sign of a well thought-through point of view. Simply wishing something would be so or saying it will without demonstrating how isn't quite as effective. So what can YOU bring to the table by way of a convincing argument. Step up.

Once again, amid years of "if" RIM ... blah blah yackety yack, RIM continues to lead the smartphone market, outpacing Wall Street predictions and selling yet again, more smartphones than than any other.

That's nit an 'if', it's a fact.

Knowledge Base Updates