Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® OS Smartphones

Highlighted
Contributor
My Device: Bold 9900
My Carrier: Malaysia Maxis

After Factory Reset: Facing Errror ID 30702/Unable to update BB ID account

History: I was having this issue: http://supportforums.blackberry.com/t5/BlackBerry-App-World-General/quot-Unable-to-Login-to-you-Blac...

and got it resolved via a Factory Reset.

But after a few days of use and rebooted a few times due to installation of apps, I have this new problem:

Smiley Tongueop up error message: "There is an issue with the current session. Please login to continue. (Error ID: 30702)"

and

When trying to view my BlackBerry ID Account through the "Device",  "Unable to update your BlackBerry ID account information.

The only good thing is that I can still access the apps by clicking on the "Apps" icon at once I enter BlackBerry App World.

I have tried these before and the big question is that shuld I retry them? http://btsc.webapps.blackberry.com/btsc/viewdocument.do;jsessionid=C9E77B998DBA023E9E7A227CD8D46D51?...

Retired
My Device: 9500, 8110, 8700, 8220, 9100, 9800, 9810, Z10

Re: After Factory Reset: Facing Errror ID 30702/Unable to update BB ID account

Hello ronnieng, 

Welcome to the forums. 

I would suggest trying the steps listed in the article again. 

-SR

Come follow your BlackBerry Technical Team on twitter! @BlackBerryHelp

Be sure to click Kudos! for those who have helped you.

Click Solution? for posts that have solved your issue(s)!

Contributor
My Device: Bold 9900
My Carrier: Malaysia Maxis

Re: After Factory Reset: Facing Errror ID 30702/Unable to update BB ID account

This time, I did a secure wipe and then reset to factory settings.

Everything was good and it solved the problem. Until just today, when I have an app that hung and no other way but to do a hard reset (remove battery & SIM). Then I faced the same problem again

However, I noticed that my OS is the old 7.0.0.1236. I tried to upgrade this to the 7.1 but my device does not detect a need to upgrade. I have difficulties also to have the Carrier (Maxis) OS.exe (error reading setup initialization file) issue which I post in the "Blackberry Bold" forum

Anyway, it seems that after doing a manual Black Berry App World upgrade to version 4 (via the download link requested through PC web browser and sent through email; coupled with a force blackberry ID upgrade, so far I am not seeing this problem