Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® OS Smartphones

New Contributor
My Device: Storm 9530

After new OS upgrade, physical headset does not work.

I just updated my Storm to the new 5.0 os and now my headset doesn't work.  None of the options allow it.  This is the headset that plugs in from the port on the side of the device.  My bluetooth headset does work, but I plug my phone into a stereo system at work, so that does no good.  Is this a software issue of a hardware problem?  I've been trying to figure this out because I'd rather not have to pay the insurance cost on my phone.  All help is greatly appreciated.

New Contributor
My Device: Not Specified

Re: After new OS upgrade, physical headset does not work.

I had the same issue.  I had to go back to OS(148) to correct.  Waiting if a solution is supplied.

Trusted Contributor
My Device: BB Passport and Z10
My Carrier: AT&T, and VZW

Sorry to hear about that.. I can say I have not had that issue with mine after the update.  Sorry that I am not able to suggest a solution to the problem since I am not sure why it is the case with yours.

I have also seen this issue with my wife's Storm.  My storm is working fine with the wired headset.  We are using the same Mac to run the updates.

Highlighted
Visitor

I am having the EXACT same problem with my storm...I updated (LOVES it by the way) and when I plugged my BBerry headset in.....NOTHING....and when I plugged another set of regular headphones in....NOTHING....I don't want to revert to the old OS...so any help with this matter would be greatly appreciated. Smiley Sad