Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® OS Smartphones

New Contributor
My Device: Not Specified
Accepted Solution

Alarm Notification Issues

This is probably an easy fix but I have racked my brain and can't figure it out.  When I test my alarm for a short period of time (i.e. it's 10am and I set the alarm for 10:15am) it goes off without an issue.  But for some reason when I have the alarm set to go off weekdays at 6:30am the sound doesn't go off.  It's almost like the phone goes to sleep and then the sound doesn't work.   When I look at my phone in the morning the snooze is flashing but there is still no sound.  I have even gone back into my alarm and reset it for a short period of time and it doesn't make noise.

I have double checked to make sure that the settings are all correct:

Alarm Tune:  Down2Business

Snooze Time: 5 minutes

Volume: 7

Vibration: Off

Any idea what I'm doing wrong?  I've been using my old cell phone alarm to wake up to for the past 5 years and haven't had this issue before.  I feel dumb not being able to use my cell phone alarm.

Highlighted
Solutions: 6,349
My Device: Passport • Z30 • Z10 • Torch9850 • Playbook
My Carrier: Verizon

Re: Alarm Notification Issues

[ Edited ]

When you sleep, it is plugged into the PC or anything?

Maybe find a louder ringtone?

I have some here, files ending in LOUD.

Ringtones

Message Edited by JSanders on 01-13-2009 11:59 AM
>> NEW! 10% discount on BlackBerry devices from ShopBlackBerry.com, including PRIV

1. If any post helps you please click the Like Button below the post(s) that helped you.
2. Please resolve your thread by marking the post "Solution?" which solved it for you!
3. Install free BlackBerry Protect today for backups of contacts and data.
4. Guide to Unlocking your BlackBerry & Unlock Codes
Join our BBM Channels (Beta)
BlackBerry Support Forums Channel
PIN: C0001B7B4   Display/Scan Bar Code
Knowledge Base Updates
PIN: C0005A9AA   Display/Scan Bar Code
New Contributor

It's not plugged into anything.  Just sitting on my nightstand with a fully charged battery. 

So you are certain the tone did not ring while you were asleep?
>> NEW! 10% discount on BlackBerry devices from ShopBlackBerry.com, including PRIV

1. If any post helps you please click the Like Button below the post(s) that helped you.
2. Please resolve your thread by marking the post "Solution?" which solved it for you!
Knowledge Base Updates

I'm having the same problem.  I know that the alarm is not going off because I set my alarm clock radio to go off a couple of minutes before my Storm.  I looked at the phone a few minutes after waking up and the dismiss alarm button was displayed on my screen but there was no noise.  I looked over and over again at all of my options but cannot figure out how to turn on the alarm sound in the morning. 

New Contributor

I'm glad it's not just me!!!

I thought I was loosing my mind!  Because I would do something similar about waking up a little bit before the alarm to make sure I wasn't missing the noise actually going off.

I have good hearing and I was beginning to question it.

I take your word for it!

With the BlackBerry device powered ON, remove the battery a few seconds and then reinsert the battery to reboot. 

Test it again. I use the Storm alarm each morning also. I have bad hearing and question everything. 

Knowledge Base Updates
New Contributor

I will check it out tonight and see if it works tomorrow.  Thanks for the info. Smiley Happy
New Contributor

I actually ended up turning the phone off and taking the battery out for about a minute and then replacing it and turning the phone back on.  It worked this morning and hopefully will continue to work. Tomorrow morning we'll find out! Smiley Happy  Thanks for the info.

So, are you serious?  The only way to get an alarm to actually sound (instead of just giving a later "oh, by the way, you had an alarm a while ago" message on the screen the next time you use the phone) is to keep removing and reinserting the battery?  How do you ever know, in advance, whether it's going to work or needs another battery removal for the next alarm?

I admit, I'm spoiled; my Treo took its cue from my Outlook calendar; if I had an alarm set there, it automatically chimed at the time that alarm was set, no questions asked, no fiddling with the battery.