Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® OS Smartphones

My Device: Not Specified

Album Artwork / iTunes Sync

Hi, 

I've managed to sync my Strom with iTunes using the Desktop Manager to sync a playlist but I was really hoping that it would sync all my alum artwork too, and display it on the Storm's screen when playing music.

Can the Storm do this and if so how? 

New Contributor

Re: Album Artwork / iTunes Sync

well i synced mine as well. i havent listened to them all, but when i played a few songs they did have the album artwork on there...like i said i havent listened to them all since i put quite a few songs on! but so far so good Smiley Happy
Contributor

I would try syncing again. Mine worked fine.
New Contributor

Ive tried this as well.  It hasn't worked for me though.  I opened up MediaSync and was able to add all of my songs from  the playlist in iTunes over to my Storm, however when I opened them up they still do not have the album artwork with them.  I have tried to remove the songs and retransfer them over, and still it hasn't seemed to help.  Any advice?
New Contributor

I have had this problem, too.  Also, not all of my iTunes from that playlist will transfer over.  Most of the ones I used iTunes to buy are the ones that are the issue.  Any ideas?
Highlighted
Contributor
My Device: Blackberry Storm

The DRM on iTunes prevents many of the songs you have purchased from being transfered. You can upgrade some of your songs so they are DRM free (and higher quality) and can be transferred to your BB for 30 cents per song throught "iTunes Plus". Not every song is avaliable in iTunes Plus, but it is growing.

I upgraded a bunch of my songs and they transfered easily with the artwork.

Contributor
My Device: Blackberry Storm

Instead of syncing with RIM's Desktop Manger, download and use Media Sync for your music. It is free and can be found here http://na.blackberry.com/eng/devices/features/media/mediasync.jsp.
New Contributor

Thanks for info on DRM.  I deleted all of my music out of my BB, used Media Sync, and reran my sync but the artwork still did not come through.  Do I need to change a setting on iTunes, Media Sync or my Storm?
Developer
My Device: You wish.

Sounds like your album art isn't embedded in your ID3 tag fior the music file.
New Contributor

How do I resolve this issue?