Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® OS Smartphones

Highlighted
My Device: Not Specified

All Apps Disappeared from My World upon OS Upgrade

I just upgraded my OS on my 9530 and now some programs I had purchased that stayed on the device now requre reactivation, i was never sent activation/registration numbers in my confirmation emails, also a few apps didn't transfer over when i did the OS upgrade, and now none appear in my world in the apps store.  I have tried reinstalling apps world, and logging in multiple times, still with no luck.  Any suggestions?

Re: All Apps Disappeared from My World upon OS Upgrade

Info:

• Telus
  • Storm 9530
  • v4.7.0.122 (Platform 4.0.0.153)
  • AppWorld 1.0.0.28
  • BIS

Forums Veteran I
My Device: 8900

You wiped the Operating system on your BlackBerry, You are going to lose applications. Generally this is how it works. Did you take a backup of your device?

If someone helped you give them kudos. Research all info!
Contributor
My Device: Bold 9900, Playbook 32gb
My Carrier: AT&T

I have the same problem.  I understand that wiping the device means that you will lose programs, however even if a device is wiped won't you still see the apps you purchased in My world?  Yes, I have the apps on my phone, however I've wiped the device before and didn't lose programs in bb app world.
If I have helped you please give me a thumbs up Smiley Happy. Follow me on twitter @vecharo

yes i still have my apps, however they don't appear in app world, so if i were to ever loose my backup i wouldn't have access to them...  It also means my multi alarm pro is not allowing itself to register.... the problem is with app world not the programs
New Contributor

I am having the same problem. Vodafone UK and blackberry storm

When i updated my OS i lost all mine but when i restored the backup it did not install the games and now they are not in my world. I have even tried to purchase them again but get error 20304 telling me that i already purchased them and to go to my world to reinstall. But how can i do that when they are not there?

My Device: BlackBerry Bold 9700
My Carrier: T-Mobile

I was just having this problem of all my apps in My World disappearing after an OS upgrade, but I found a solution.

Open blackberry app world.

Then hold down Alt, and press R then S then T.

App world will close after a couple of seconds.

Then reopen app world and all of your apps will have reappeared in My World.

This resets the cache in appworld and forces it to reload the list of installed apps.

Visitor
My Device: 8900
My Carrier: T-Mobile

Worked like a charm, thanks!

My Device: Blackberry 8530i
My Carrier: Nextel/Sprint

Man that was great! Solved a problem I was having. Don't know how you figured that out but thanks!