Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® OS Smartphones

Highlighted
New Contributor
My Device: Bold 9700
My Carrier: O2
Accepted Solution

Altering text messages

Hi

I  recieved a string of text messages in 2011 - these now form part of my evidence in a court case

Although the address is clearly his number the sender is denying them

My question is is it possible that he can use as his defence I have altered or faked them?

Elite II
My Device: BlackBerry Z30
My Carrier: Rogers

Re: Altering text messages

[ Edited ]

No. Once a text message has been sent and received, it cannot be altered.

Further to that, if you somehow found software that allowed you to alter them, the onus would be on him to prove it.

Cheers.  Smiley Happy

- If my response has helped you, please click "Options" beside my post and mark it as solved. Clicking the "thumbs up" icon near the bottom of my response would also be appreciated.

New Contributor
My Device: Bold 9700
My Carrier: O2

Thanks a million!

I thought that as well.  The other question I have is that he has deleted his messages but I believe that the Police will be able to recover them, am I right?

Elite II
My Device: BlackBerry Z30
My Carrier: Rogers

Text messages are kept on your carrier's server for a VERY long time, as in many years. With a proper court order, they could be retrieved from there.

Cheers.  Smiley Happy

- If my response has helped you, please click "Options" beside my post and mark it as solved. Clicking the "thumbs up" icon near the bottom of my response would also be appreciated.