Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® OS Smartphones

New Contributor
My Device: Not Specified
Accepted Solution

Altering the ring tone length

I love the phone but the one thing that's driving me mad is the length of time the phone rings before going to voicemail.

My Storm only rings for ten seconds, regardless of the ring tone, before voicemail cuts in. I'm lucky if i can look to see who the caller is, let alone answer it! 

Is this normal? (hope not). How can it be changed? 

New Contributor

Re: Altering the ring tone length

[ Edited ]
I'll have to answer my own question i'm afraid! I rang my network to check with them and they gave me the code to alter the ring length. It's now set to 30 seconds.
Message Edited by niceJam on 03-12-2009 04:02 PM
Forums Advisor III
My Device: STORM 9530 on VERIZON 552 kbps

shouldnt your share this "code"??

If I or another member have helped, be sure to click the KUDOS!!!

If your issue has been solved, please resolve this thread by marking the post which solved it for you!

4.7.0.122,SLACKER, FaceDial,Poynt, Myspace, Weather Midlet, You Tube, Tiltris, logMaid, Youmail

http://www.rimblackberrystorm.webs.com

New Contributor

The code given to me by Vodafone (UK) was *61*+447836121121*10*30#. 

The 10 & 30 must be a reference for the time change i asked for ( extend the ring tone from 10 to 30 seconds). Whether this code will work on any other network is anyone's guess. 

Anyone else with this problem would probably be safer ringing their own network and asking them to change it for them or get the appropriate code. 

New Contributor

Re: Re: Altering the ring tone length

I am having the same trouble. How exactly did you fix this? Is it a general code and who do I have to call. It is a tad annoying.
Highlighted
Solutions: 6,349
My Device: Passport • Z30 • Z10 • Torch9850 • Playbook
My Carrier: Verizon

Re: Re: Altering the ring tone length

The "code" varies from carrier to carrier, and usually works correctly for GSM carriers.

There is more information here:

http://www.blackberryfaq.com/index.php/Increase_amount_of_rings_before_voicemail

>> NEW! 10% discount on BlackBerry devices from ShopBlackBerry.com, including PRIV

1. If any post helps you please click the Like Button below the post(s) that helped you.
2. Please resolve your thread by marking the post "Solution?" which solved it for you!
3. Install free BlackBerry Protect today for backups of contacts and data.
4. Guide to Unlocking your BlackBerry & Unlock Codes
Join our BBM Channels (Beta)
BlackBerry Support Forums Channel
PIN: C0001B7B4   Display/Scan Bar Code
Knowledge Base Updates
PIN: C0005A9AA   Display/Scan Bar Code
New Contributor

Re: Re: Re: Altering the ring tone length

I input the code now my phone doesn't ring at all. I need to be reminded of the benefits of this phone right now. Thanks for the posts. Off to tackle yet another issue.
Solutions: 6,349
My Device: Passport • Z30 • Z10 • Torch9850 • Playbook
My Carrier: Verizon

Re: Re: Re: Altering the ring tone length

cobbler wrote:
I input the code now my phone doesn't ring at all. I need to be reminded of the benefits of this phone right now. Thanks for the posts. Off to tackle yet another issue.

Are you on Voda as the previous user? Different carrier use different SMS service center numbers.

>> NEW! 10% discount on BlackBerry devices from ShopBlackBerry.com, including PRIV

1. If any post helps you please click the Like Button below the post(s) that helped you.
2. Please resolve your thread by marking the post "Solution?" which solved it for you!
3. Install free BlackBerry Protect today for backups of contacts and data.
4. Guide to Unlocking your BlackBerry & Unlock Codes
Join our BBM Channels (Beta)
BlackBerry Support Forums Channel
PIN: C0001B7B4   Display/Scan Bar Code
Knowledge Base Updates
PIN: C0005A9AA   Display/Scan Bar Code
New Contributor
My Device: Blackberry Storm 9500
My Carrier: vodafone

Brilliant.  this has been bugging me for some time..I'm forever getting - "You never answer your phone!"  Chance would be a fine thing I would say!

Thanks for this

My Device: storm 9500
My Carrier: vodafone

where exactly do i go to input the code to change length fo ringtone before voicemail kicks in ?