Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® OS Smartphones

New Contributor
My Device: Bold 9900
My Carrier: Tmobile

Always needs to Rebooting!!!

If I want to receive messege from whatsapp or  Kakaotalk; if I want to connect to the internet; if .... it always need to be reboot! Can someone tell me why? and how to tackle it ? Thank you!

New Developer
My Device: blackberry bold 9900 ( I am a blackberry application developer)
My Carrier: Vodafone India

Re: Always needs to Rebooting!!!

My Device: Torch 9800
My Carrier: TATA

Same wit me here...whenever i turn off nd later turn ON my wifi connection on my handset...it needs rebootin!!And nw m worried dat such "daily" process  wont create a problem in cumin days

New Contributor

SOoooooooooooooooo true!!!!!!!!!!!!! Exactly you put it as "Daily Process"!!!!  What should we do about this?????

Hall of Famer III
My Device: PRIV (6.0.1/AAG111), Z10/Z30/Q10 (10.3.2.2813), Playbook (2.1.0.1526)
My Carrier: TMobile USA

If you remove the offending app and the behavior ceases, then you have an issue with the app developer. So, has anyone attempted that diagnostic process yet?

There is also Safe Mode:

• KB17877 How to start a BlackBerry smartphone in Safe Mode

It may take you multiple attempts to get the ESC key sequence (press/release/hold) correct, so be patient. When successfully into Safe Mode, see what happens.

If the behavior ceases, then think carefully...what happened just before this behavior started? A new app? An update? A Theme? Something else? Think carefully as the smallest change could be causal...and attempt to undo whatever that was.

But if the behavior continues in Safe Mode, then consider more drastic remedy attempts -- WIPE, OS Reload, OS Update, BBSAK Wipe/Reload, "Bare Bones" diagnostic reload process, etc.

Good luck and let us know!

Occam's Razor nearly always applies when troubleshooting technology issues!

New to the Community? Click here and also here for helpful guidance. Also please click here for additional helpful information to guide you as you proceed. I always recommend that you treat your BlackBerry like any other computing device, including using a regular backup schedule...click here for an article with instructions. If anyone has been helpful to you, please show your appreciation by clicking the button. Need a reference to BB10 OS/SR versions? Click here. Need a specific BB10 AutoLoader? Send me a private message.

...................................................... ......................................................
New Contributor

Thanks! I'll try that and let you know how's it going! Thanks again!

New Contributor

Hi! I still can not use the brower in safe mode... 

what's the problem really? blackberry almost freak me out!!!!

Hall of Famer III
My Device: PRIV (6.0.1/AAG111), Z10/Z30/Q10 (10.3.2.2813), Playbook (2.1.0.1526)

Well, as I did say above:

• "But if the behavior continues in Safe Mode, then consider more drastic remedy attempts -- WIPE, OS Reload, OS Update, BBSAK Wipe/Reload, "Bare Bones" diagnostic reload process, etc."

Let us know how you'd like to proceed.

New to the Community? Click here and also here for helpful guidance. Also please click here for additional helpful information to guide you as you proceed. I always recommend that you treat your BlackBerry like any other computing device, including using a regular backup schedule...click here for an article with instructions. If anyone has been helpful to you, please show your appreciation by clicking the button. Need a reference to BB10 OS/SR versions? Click here. Need a specific BB10 AutoLoader? Send me a private message.

...................................................... ......................................................
New Contributor

I tried WIPE and OS Update through BB Desktop Software. still doesn't work... Can you tell me how to do the OD Reload and BBSAK WIPE/Reload please?

Hall of Famer III

Please refer to this official download portal as you proceed. It is sorted first by carrier -- so if all you want are the OS levels your carrier supports, your search will be quick. However, some carriers are much slower than others to release updates. To truly seek out the most up-to-date OS package for your BB, you must dig through and find all carriers that support your specific model BB, and then compare the OS levels that they support.

From a PC, you can install any compatible (e.g., for your exact BB Model Number) OS package to a BB via this procedure:

Note that while written for "reload" and the Storm, it can be used to upgrade, downgrade, or reload any BB device model -- it all depends on the OS package you download and install to your PC. After installing the OS package to your PC, please remeber to delete, on your PC, all copies of VENDOR.XML...there will be at least one, and perhaps 2, and they will be located in or similarly to (it changes based on your Windows version) these folders:

• C:\Program Files (x86)\Common Files\Research In Motion\AppLoader
  • C:\Users\(your Windows UserName)\AppData\Roaming\Research In Motion\BlackBerry\Loader XML

Be sure that you remove, from your PC, any other BB device OS packages as having more than one installed to the PC can cause conflicts with this procedure.

You can obtain BBSAK from bbsak.org to perform the wipe it is capable of.

Good luck and let us know!