Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® OS Smartphones

Highlighted
My Device: blackberry curve
My Carrier: verizon

Amaira Soft application - how can I stop them?

I need help stopping messages from Amaira Soft, I get several a day ever since I installed their free flashlight app, which has since been removed.

New Contributor
My Device: Bold 9700
My Carrier: Rogers

Re: Amaira Soft application - how can I stop them?

I have a Bold 9900 and am having the same problem with Amaira Soft as well as Mobi Tech. What a scam!! They keep sending spam messages daily and sometimes twice daily and there is no way to unsubscribe. Blackberry support is useless and they don't seem to care that some of the apps they support are spaming everyone. I pretty much done with Blackberry after being a strong supporter for many many years. Good bye Blackberry - you've gone the way of the Dinosaur and only by your own doing! Thanks for nothing!
Visitor
My Device: BlackBerry Classic
My Carrier: EE

I have been continually plagued by Amaira Soft and had no support from BlackBerry with this issue. Today, after I bought 2 Collins dictionaries they sent me 4 messages, in quick succession, pushing their holiday app. It is a great shame that they do not realise that people are so fed up with their aggressive spamming that they feel hostile, and probably would not buy from them even if Amaira Soft was the only app vendor on this planet. I certainly will never buy their software.

I have just got in touch with an O2 Guru who traced Amaira Soft number . The number is 30112075 and O2 Guru advised that I send sms 'Stop' to this number. I took his advice, let's wait and see ...

Having recently upgraded my contract I found myself for 10 days without BlackBerry because the my first 9900 broke down on day two, the staff at O2 shop could not repair it so it was sent away. After a long wait, I received a letter that the hardware is faulty and beyond economical repair - I did receive a new 9900 (so far, so good). Unless the quality of hardware, software and support does not improve, this will be my last BlackBerry. I hope somebody at BlackBerry will read this thread and have words with their spamming vendors.

Regards, Maria
My Device: blackberry bold 9900
My Carrier: rogers

Finally got annoying Amaira Soft popups to stop. On blackberry bold 9900:
1. Go to Blackberry apps
2. App World
3. Apps
4. My World. Shows Installed Apps
5. touch the My World icon (top left) and a drop down menu displays under Installed
6. select Uninstalled
7. scroll to the Amaira Soft app you want totally removed then use the left of roll ball and scroll to Delete
Worked on my phone - good luck