Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® OS Smartphones

My Device: Not Specified

Amaze GPS

Anyone using Amaze free GPS?

I am looking for something that would give me audio turn by turn direction.

Any suggestions? 

Highlighted
Regular Contributor
My Device: Bold 9000

Re: Amaze GPS

Hi, try nav4all.com

I have this and it is very accurate as it uses the built in GPS as opposed to Google maps which uses mobile towers not the GPS.

nav4all is free and uses audio, you can choose which application language and audio language you require.

Regards

kirk

Regards
Kirk
p.s. Vote for BOLD
New Contributor

>>Hi, try nav4all.com

I agree Nav4all is a great app.. a little querky on the menus but good voice prompts.  Would be nice to have it announce the street names not just "turn left soon|", etc.

>> I have this and it is very accurate as it uses the built in GPS as opposed to Google maps which uses mobile towers not the GPS.

The latest version of google maps does use gps on my bold and I love the display, speed and the satellite feature.  Satellite gets my down to around 3m accuracy in Canada... But no voice prompts unfortunately.  And had to find a workaround link to download google maps as the main one says it isn't compatible.  But once installed it is working well.
Regular Contributor
My Device: Bold 9000

Really wierd because Nav4All finds my position more or less instantly using the where am I function.

Since my original posting yesterday in regards to Google maps being less accurate and newcastlecanuck saying that theres works fine, I decided to really give GM the benefit of the doubt.

I left the app running for about 5 minutes and watched as it went from the usual, within 1700m of position, to12m and then finally to 3m, so I take back what I earlier said. GM does use the built in GPS, just at my end seems to take a while longer to zero in tham nav4all.

Regards

kirk

Regards
Kirk
p.s. Vote for BOLD

Thanks guys,

I think i'll go with the nav4 

My Device: BOLD

Hi,

Just wondering if there is any extra cost when using the maps or gps functions?

I'm currently using nav4all if that makes a difference...

Thanks

Cx