Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® OS Smartphones

Highlighted
New Contributor
My Device: Curve 9300 3G

An error occurred during email account validation

Hello everyone 

I have a seriously annoying problem with my BB Curve!

I added a language on to my phone using the Desktop Manager which resulted in the phone being backed up and reinstalled (like a reformat but the data wasn’t lost). Ever since then I am unable to access my email account information that I set up on the phone and wasn’t receiving emails (this coincided with the Blackberry blackout). After that I deleted the email account on using the website email account access for blackberry and re-entered my account information, this allowed the emails to come through my phone but I still cant access my email account information.

If I go to Main Menu > Setup > Email Accounts > Internet Mail Account the phone will hang up while trying access information

If I go to Messages > Options > Email Account Management, I get the following information “Unable to open email setup application. Contact your wireless service provider” I have called Vodafone for the past 5 days now but they are of no help.

If I try to edit the account information (like signatures) on the hutch.blackberry.com website, I get the following error “An error occurred during email account validation. Please check your information and try again.”

Has this happened to anyone before? Is there any solution to this problem?

My phone is currently on Software version 6.0 Bundle 2342

Please help!!!

Gwen