Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® OS Smartphones

Retired
My Device: BlackBerry Storm

Announcing the BlackBerry® Tour™ 9630 smartphone

[ Edited ]

Product Overview

BlackBerry® TourTM 9630 is a powerful 3G BlackBerry smartphone that offers enhanced world phone capabilities. The BlackBerry Tour smartphone targets high-end users looking for a state-of-the-art multimedia and BlackBerry performance to take with them almost everywhere they go. It represents the second-generation World Edition BlackBerry smartphone, replacing the BlackBerry® 8830 World Edition smartphone.

Software support: BlackBerry® Desktop Software 5.0 and BlackBerry Device Software 4.7.1

Features

• World phone capability
  • Supports global roaming on 3G networks
  • CDMA EVDO (Rev A 800/1900MHz, 2100Mhz HSPA, Quad-band EDGE) 850/900/1800/1900 MHz
  • High resolution, color HVGA+ Display (480x360)
  • Full multimedia experience 
  • Full QWERTY keyboard
  • GPS and BlackBerry® Maps
  • Geo-tagging functionality
  • Long-lasting 1400 mAh battery
  • 3.2-MP auto-focus camera, with image stabilization
  • Feature-rich video camera
  • Audio and video streaming
  • Hot swappable MicroSD slot
  • 256MB on-board memory
  • Bluetooth® including Stereo Audio
  • High-speed Micro USB
  • Upgraded Standard and Premium versions of DataViz Documents To Go

BlackBerry® Device Software 4.7.1

BlackBerry® Device Software is the set of tools and software applications that are designed to provide functionality and features on a BlackBerry smartphone.

The features of BlackBerry Device Software have been enhanced with the release of BlackBerry Device Software 4.7.1, which supports the BlackBerry® TourTM 9630 smartphone.

New features and enhancements included are:

• Upgraded Standard and Premium versions of DataViz Documents To Go
  • Multimedia enhancements, including DRM support for VCAST Music | Rhapsody
  • The following event sounds can be enabled

o  Device On (boot up)

o  Device Off (shutdown)

o  USB Cable/Accessory Connected

o  USB Cable/Accessory Disconnected

o  Full Battery Charge

The BlackBerry Techincal Solution Center provides technical support documentation, including knowledge base articles, product guides, and manuals, to allow BlackBerry smartphone users to troubleshoot various issues on their own. Documentation for troubleshooting issues with BlackBerry Tour 9630 can be found at: www.blackberry.com/btsc.

Helpfull Knowledge Base Articles for the BlackBerry Tour 9630

Message Edited by greggor on 07-11-2009 10:41 AM

Want to learn how to use your BlackBerry® smartphone? Visit youtube.com/blackberry to help you get the most out of your BlackBerry smartphone!

Do you have questions about your BlackBerry smartphone?

Go to mobile.blackberry.com on your BlackBerry smartphone to enter your question and get instant answers! 

New Contributor
My Device: BB Storm 9500

Re: Announcing the BlackBerry® Tour™ 9630 smartphone

This new BB looks great! But..when will it be available in Europe??? I live in The Netherlands an dI want to replace my current phone which is a Storm, with a version with a keyboard, so this new Tour looks exactly what I have in mind!

Thanks in advance!  :smileyhappy:

New Contributor
My Device: Not Specified

True! Will replace my Bold in a couple of months and would like to know where we can get the Tour in Europe!
New Developer

i guess it may come up later in Europe, because i didn't heard about its news in Europe mobile phone market.
Blackberry Storm
Contributor
My Device: Q10
My Carrier: Sprint

I posted this earlier but again, just wondering if I have to upgrade to Desktop Software v5.0 for the Tour or can I use v4.3 which I already have on my PC running XP and Outlook 2007.
New Contributor
My Device: BB Storm 9500

Already found my answer. The Tour will be USA only. Guess I'll have to wait for the Bold 2 then Smiley Wink
New Contributor

nice advertisement but  surely only works in USA.  the 3G does not work in most of Asia.  No wifi so its useless for data. !! The advanced 3G is 2100 mhz by Bberry and is NOt supported by Thailand, VNam, and most countries. So why advertise GSM, edge and service international when it only works in USA ?   3G  900 mhz does not work in 90% of Thailand, Viet nam, Combodia and most of Asia. 

Why is there not a software upgrade to get wifi at least 

Where does it work ?  

New Contributor

Europe..
Contributor

it's not exactly 'working' that well in the USA either.  This model is plagued with workmanship and software issues. 

Everything from the device locking up, etc.  I'd be less concerned about WiFi than I would the reliability of the device.

I ultimately had to return my device to Verizon after the 3rd free replacement would not stop crashing when an inbound call, text, IM or email interrupted a call, then after the call ended, the phone froze up. 

Over at www.crackberry.com many folks are registering their complaints about software and hardware issues, but RIM has been silent...almost ignoring the reliability problems.  After 3 generations of BB, I am perplexed that this is not already resolved prior to releasing the device. 

I did notice the last day before I returned my Tour (VZW worry-free guarantee) that when pluggin in the BB provided headset that there is a minor snap & crackle when rotating the headset jack 1/4 turn.  I don't know if this confuses the player as to whether or not there is a headset attached. 

Either way, after doing the following:

--battery pulling (about 3 a day)
--blanking out the phone & reinstalling everything
--scheduling memory cleaning (which does almost nothing anyway)
--replacing the phone with a shiny new one
--speaking with tech support for 45 mins from a landline & working their mojo
--speaking about an hour total in-store witha VZW tech

I ended up being forced to return the device.  I miss the browser, miss the screen resolution, but my old curve has a few more weeks on it's contract with smAlltel & I'll probably ditch the BB format for the next couple of years. 

All the recommended fixes are not seeming to work.  What's crazy is that it's intermittent--meaning not every customer has this problem.  Yet, no one is having this level of difficulty.  After 13 years of mobile devices, I'm perplexed as to why.  This was my 3rd BB & I was more pissed about returning the phone than the problems. 

I want my BlackBerry...but I don't want stare at a white screen with clock in the middle for 10 minutes 3x a day.

Hopefully someone at RIM will respond...Verizon is clueless. 

hello everyone 

im loving the device didnt see any problems so far except sometimes the TXT msgs just dont go anywhere Smiley Frustrated they just stay there with red x and u keep resending sometimes they go sometimes they dont .. that doesnt happend all the time .. as i said but it happens ... anyways my post reason is just to ask u guys if anybody had installed the new BBM on their tour?? i couldnt the browser just wont let me!!!

i tried 

www.blackberry.com/send/messenger

www.blackberry.com/messenger

i tried the same one on my friend's CURVE it worked perfectly but on my tour it just wont install Smiley Sad Smiley Sad