Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® OS Smartphones

New Contributor
My Device: Bold 9930
My Carrier: Verizon

Annoying Touch Screen

I understand that there is no way to turn off the profusely annoying touch screen on the BOLD 9900 Series.  Texting takes me forever because I keep touching the screen by mistake and the cursor flys off somewhere I don't want it to.  I am really tempted to go back to using my ancient 8703 but I really need/use the camera on the 9930.  Does anyone know if it's possible to petition RIM to creat an app to disable this function.  Failing that, does anyone know if another current phone comes without a touchscreen?  I have to do something, I simply can't stand this phone anymore (my company forces me to use this model).

Super Contributor
My Device: Priv, Passport, iPhone 6s
My Carrier: Telus

Re: Annoying Touch Screen

You could try reducing the screen sensitivity and how long it takes the screen to react to an inadvertant touch.  Go to Options > Typing and Language > Touchscreen Sensitivity.  Set the Hover Time to "Slow".  Set the Double Tap Interval to the highest value.

I know this isn't exactly what you're hoping for, but it may help somewhat.  I doubt RIM would be likely to create such a feature for the device.  You may be able to interest an app developer if you create another post that will catch attention.

Highlighted
New Contributor
My Device: Bold 9930
My Carrier: Verizon

Re: Annoying Touch Screen

I did try that but it had little effect.  I guess it's all in the way I hold the Blackberry - I just can't seem to get comfortable holding in in such a way that I don't touch the screen.  I may try learning to text with just one hand and leave the other one under the Blackberry. That will slow me down but not as much as fighting the touch screen on every third character I type.  Thanks elessar.