Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® OS Smartphones

Regular Contributor
My Device: Q10 -SQ100-3
My Carrier: Fido (Rogers.com)
Accepted Solution

Answer for reboot problem and SIM card question.

For anyone that is annoyed with the rebooting of the storm when put down or jolted lightly, I just put two pieces of medium wide flat elastic,  (you get off broccoli or other veggies),  across the top and bottom of the battery.    The door already has a buffer sponge for  the battery but it is not enough.   Zero unwanted reboots now.

Question:   I have a telus Canada blackberry storm 2  on 1XEV/3GS.     There is a SIM card in the box but I have not put it in.

I know it is for identity purposes and as long as I am not 'global' I do not need it.

Is it wiser to put it in,   ....in case i go across border  or need more contact management?

Not sure if I should put it in so the phone is used to it when I need it  or not.

DON'T THINK!!!! LOOK!
Guru II
My Device: BlackBerry PRIV; BlackBerry Z30, Z10 and Q10 w/OS 10.3.2.2639; PlayBook w/OS 2.1.0.1917
My Carrier: AT&T

Re: Answer for reboot problem and SIM card question.

I would put it in.  You'll need it to get any GSM roaming service.  There really is no reason not to. 

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
1. Please thank those who help you by clicking the "Like" button at the bottom of the post that helped you.
2. If your issue has been solved, please resolve it by marking the post "Solution?" which solved it for you!
Highlighted
Regular Contributor
My Device: Q10 -SQ100-3
My Carrier: Fido (Rogers.com)

Re: Answer for reboot problem and SIM card question.

Smiley Happy  I just wondered why they left it in the box.  My phone was ready to go when I picked it up.

Thankyou!

DON'T THINK!!!! LOOK!