Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® OS Smartphones

Contributor
My Device: Not Specified

Answering Calls when Playing Music

When I am listening to music over headphone jack in car through AUX cable and I get a phone call, it defaults to the handset for the phone call.  I want it to default to the headset jack so I can have a speakerphone call.  How can I do this?  Also, when listening to music the same way, and I decide to make a voice dial call, it defaults to the handset, not the headset.  How can I change this default?

Re: Answering Calls when Playing Music

I am having the same problem as well.  I understand you can just hit the speakerphone button to default to the headset, but I would like to simply make it default when I'm driving.
Highlighted
Contributor

Re: Answering Calls when Playing Music

I got a bluetooth speakerphone/radio transmitter from Motorola and problem solved.  I think that the problem was that the FM transmitter that plugs in through the headphone jack is only a stereo connector, not the three way stereo and microphone connector, so although the media player assumes is has a headphone connected for playback, the phone app does not detect a microphone so it doesn't default to the headset.  I am not totally upset with that logic, just disappointed that it wasn't a default that I could set myself.  The bluetooth solved it, though!