Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® OS Smartphones

New Contributor
My Device: Curve 9360
My Carrier: 02

Antivirus

Hi,

Could anybody recommend decent antivirusmalware detection software for OS 7 please? It's really difficult to find anything compatible.

Guru II
My Device: BlackBerry PRIV; BlackBerry Z30, Z10 and Q10 w/OS 10.3.2.2639; PlayBook w/OS 2.1.0.1917
My Carrier: AT&T

Re: Antivirus

That's because nothing is necessary. There are no viruses for BBOS. Nothing can be installed without your knowledge.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
1. Please thank those who help you by clicking the "Like" button at the bottom of the post that helped you.
2. If your issue has been solved, please resolve it by marking the post "Solution?" which solved it for you!
Highlighted
New Contributor

Not sure I believe that to be honest. I've already had issues with a phone where I'm very sure that it was either hacked or had a virus on it.

Guru II
My Device: BlackBerry PRIV; BlackBerry Z30, Z10 and Q10 w/OS 10.3.2.2639; PlayBook w/OS 2.1.0.1917

I've been working with BB devices since 2004. There has never been, nor is there, a virus on a BlackBerry. Only YOU can install apps on a BB device. They cannot added without your consent...it's just not possible.

If you set a password on a device and require that password to be used to install apps then even if someone picked up your device they couldn't install anything either.

Again, there is no virus concern on a BlackBerry.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
1. Please thank those who help you by clicking the "Like" button at the bottom of the post that helped you.
2. If your issue has been solved, please resolve it by marking the post "Solution?" which solved it for you!
New Contributor

The thing is though, I could see that things were being used at times when I hadn't used them.

Guru II

Some apps and processes will run in the background when installed. They don't always need to be clicked on in order to be active doing something.

Please explain a specific example and I'm sure there is an easy explanation that has nothing to do with being hacked or a virus.

Trust me, there is no virus on a BB. If you installed an app that did weird things that's your fault for installing the app. Deleting the app and rebooting will remove it and anything else that installed with it.

There are no antivirus apps for BB because they are not needed. Thats why you can't find them.

New Contributor

I checked my data log and I can see that the browser was used at times that I didn't use it. It's worrying me a lot. If you see my previous thread as well, it explains that on some sites the IP was indicating that it was in another country.

Guru II

The browser is used (though you can't see it) to view HTML email.

As for why your Google issue, does this happen when on wifi or when on cellular data.

I can assure you your device isn't hacked.

New Contributor

Does it do that automatically at the same time every day and at random times by itself?

It was only ever using cellular data and going through the browser itself to use Google and its services.

Thanks for your help so far Smiley Happy

Guru II

Yes.

Do you have any 3rd party applications installed?