Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® OS Smartphones

Contributor
My Device: Torch 9800
My Carrier: AT&T

Any way to "pause" incoming e-mails?

The only way I've found to temporarily stop getting e-mails is to delete the account, then open a new e-mail account later.

That's pretty easy to do on the Torch, but isn't there some way to "pause" e-mails without deleting the account? I don't want to get e-mails during the day when I'm sitting at my computer anyway, but I like getting them when I leave the office...

Solutions: 6,331
My Device: Passport • Z30 • Z10 • Torch9850 • Playbook
My Carrier: Verizon

Re: Any way to "pause" incoming e-mails?

Nope, the way you describe is best.

Or, create a profile for OFFICE so that you are not notified or see the red LED during the day upon receipt of email.

>> NEW! 10% discount on BlackBerry devices from ShopBlackBerry.com, including PRIV

1. If any post helps you please click the Like Button below the post(s) that helped you.
2. Please resolve your thread by marking the post "Solution?" which solved it for you!
3. Install free BlackBerry Protect today for backups of contacts and data.
4. Guide to Unlocking your BlackBerry & Unlock Codes
Join our BBM Channels (Beta)
BlackBerry Support Forums Channel
PIN: C0001B7B4   Display/Scan Bar Code
Knowledge Base Updates
PIN: C0005A9AA   Display/Scan Bar Code
Contributor

Your profile idea would solve one problem, that "almost invisible yet impossible to ignore" little red light!

However, I would still have to delete all those emails, one at a time; I don't like to leave all of them on the device because they obscure the other ones that I still need to read or respond to....

Thanks for letting me know I wasn't overlooking some built-in functionality.

App developers out there -- I'd happily pay for a little pause button!

Guru III
My Device:

I'm rockin the BlackBerry PRIV, Passport, Z30, Z10, Q10, BlackBerry Mini Stereo Speaker, 64 gig PlayBook,BT Headset HS-700

My Carrier: I am on AT&T. Please edit your Personal Profile with your DEVICE TYPE, DEVICE OS and Carrier

you can use delete prior if you want all removed from a certain time or highlight a group of them and delete them at once.

Click here to Backup the data on your BlackBerry Device! It's important, and FREE!

Click "Accept as Solution" if your problem is solved. To give thanks, click thumbs up
Click to search the Knowledge Base at BTSC and click to Read The Fabulous Manuals

BESAdmin's, please make a signature with your BES environment info.

SIM Free BlackBerry Unlocking FAQ
Follow me on Twitter @knottyrope

Want to thank me? Buy my KnottyRope App here

BES 12 and BES 5.0.4 with Exchange 2010 and SQL 2012 Hyper V

Contributor

Both of those options would help -- but I've never been able to figure out how to do either.

There's no "delete prior" on the menu; and how would I select a whole block of emails to delete them at once?

Scroll to one of the Date bar separators, and press the Menu key > Delete prior.

To select a block of consecutive emails, scroll to the first, and then press the SHIFT key on the keyboard and scroll in either direction to select those adjacent.

Or, on the touch screen, just touch the first and last emails in a block to select that group.

And press delete.

>> NEW! 10% discount on BlackBerry devices from ShopBlackBerry.com, including PRIV

1. If any post helps you please click the Like Button below the post(s) that helped you.
2. Please resolve your thread by marking the post "Solution?" which solved it for you!
Knowledge Base Updates
My Device: Priv, Passport, iPhone 6s
My Carrier: Telus

There is another way to avoid having messages delivered to your BB without deleting the account, as long as you do not have any filters enabled on the device.  Go to EMAIL SETUP and log in.  Scroll to the email account you wish to pause, and select FILTERS.  Scroll down and change WHEN NO FILTERS APPLY to DO NOT FORWARD MESSAGES TO THE DEVICE.  Select SAVE and exit.  Your account is intact, but you'll receive no messages.  When you want to receive messages again, go back and change the selection to the original setting.  This is easier and quicker to do than to explain it...  ~Good luck.

Contributor

The touch-screen method is way too sensitive for my clumsy hands -- I've been experimenting and I now do it successfully only about 20% of the time....

But the shift-and-scroll method works great for me -- what a great tip!

The date bar separator method works great too, another very helpful tip

Contributor

I had never noticed the filter options, that method works too!

Highlighted

Good suggestions ellasar.

Knowledge Base Updates