Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® OS Smartphones

Highlighted
Contributor
My Device: BB Q10 OS 10.1.0.4189
My Carrier: Verizon

Anybody tried Desktop Manager ver 7 yet?

I've had notices recently to upgrade DM to a newer release, I think 7.xx.  Has anyone tried this and have any insights?  The last time I upgraded to a new version  it messed up all my contacts and was so buggy I ended up un-installing and going back to a previous version, I think it was 6.x, which is working fine.  Any compelling reason to upgrade?  Thanks 

Super Contributor
My Device: Z10, 9900
My Carrier: Robbers

Re: Anybody tried Desktop Manager ver 7 yet?

I have been using the latest 7 DM, and I have to say, this is one of the first builds (V7) that actually works for me. I use it for my 9900, PlayBook, and 9360.

I would give it a go.
Super Contributor
My Device: Curve 9360
My Carrier: MTN - SOUTH AFRICA

Re: Anybody tried Desktop Manager ver 7 yet?

Hello, Yeah, I just installed over the weekend, had some trouble though, windows 7 kept complaining there was no valid certificate and wouldn't allow install. I managed to get the certificate and install it then DM 7.1 installed. It was sluggish at first in detecting my phone but now works pretty great. I would definitely install coz you know when you will need to install a fresh os on your blackberry and latest DM doesn't hurt.